It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 10:44

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Benhao
PostPosted: Sep 11th, '13, 15:19 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Sturdy Ben-Hao

Character Race and Class::
Pandaren Warrior

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Believing himself to be an outcast by pandaren, Ben-Hao has decided to withdraw from his kinsmen to instead seek out others in his situation with no better home to go to. Gold is fine, fighting is fine. Being with others who may not judge him is where he would be content.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Keeping it short, Ben-Hao has had a difficult time. Born and brought up in a village in Kun-Lai, he was meant to be a farmer or yak-herder at best. However when one of the villagers of the village became overcome by a Sha, Ben-Hao was the only one who made the decision to do whatever was needed to immediately stop the Sha in festering further, and slayed the possessed pandaren with an axe. This horrified the other villagers who threw him out from their village and their community.

He believed it was only right, however, to have stopped the Sha despite the cost of a pandaren's life. He wandered and was shunned by his kinsmen for the crimes and learned his own way to fight and battle to survive the dangerous roads of Pandaria, riddled with yaungol, tigers, sauroks and all kinds of spirits. As the mists parted, Ben-Hao saw the chance to leave the homeland behind him to avoid his kinsmen and, maybe, seek out and brefriend those who would do the same.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Ben-Hao is a fighter. While he is no shado-pan or monk, his stature and resiliant bulk has earned him plenty experience. Beyond fighting with sword, spear and shield, Ben-Hao is an average pandaren cook, provided decent regeants. Too bad he can't boil or fry dirt into anything more tasty.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Indifferent. They have yet to do any major impressions on him, save for the orcs and their warring, ofcourse. He's keeping his eyes on them, though doesn't dislike them (more than any other person).

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
His enemies are mainly on Pandaria in form of kinsmen who has heard of him and scoffs at him, however he has no nemesis. The only people irratic enough to be able to befriend Ben-Hao would be some hozen. In Kalimdor and the other continents, however, he has yet to make much of an imprint of its people.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Ben-Hao struggled against the slain wyvern's meat which remained tenacious even in death. "Stop struggling" he grunted as he tried to break the leg off with his strength, however with little results. "Fine, if you are going to be like that..." he wiped his nose and reached for his yaungolian spear, rising it to chop the leg free. Soon there will be dinner!

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Having already a character in a typical pandaren guild as well as experienced usual military guilds before, I felt I wanted to experience a new concept, i.e. mercenary work on the dishonoured side. The idea came as I read the Blackguard's thread on the Argent Dawn forums. I was rather surprised to see a mercenary guild that seemed to thrive, and am now trying my luck.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I am currently studying at a university within digital media production, on my second year out of three. I have always been creative in a paper-pen and painting kind of way. If I recall correctly, I am in fact 21 of age. The years goes so fast these days!

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
My roleplaying experience comes almost solely from warcraft RP, here on Argent Dawn. I have been RPing since the pre-wotlk invasion event (which was bloody glorious!) and has since then gotten more experienced and confident in my roleplaying abilities. Experience prior to that, be it in paper and pen D&D style or some other, I have unfortunately none.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Benhao
PostPosted: Sep 19th, '13, 17:13 
Lieutenant (Site Admin)

Hi there, Nataera. Thanks for your application - The officers are looking over it at the moment and we'll get back to you with a reply as soon as we can. Apologies for the wait!

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Benhao
PostPosted: Sep 23rd, '13, 02:18 
Captain

Hey there!

The character seems fine, though there's a potential conflict in the "doing what needs to be done" aspect: has he changed his mind on that with age, or does this mean that his approach to corruption, possession etc. will still be lethal force? Blackguard is all about the loyalty, so if he is willing to sacrifice another Rat, expect pushback.

The other thing I want to ask about is that you imply you have other characters -- are these still actively in play? If they are, how much do you expect you'd be around on this one?

OfflineProfile