It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 10:48

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Naethus
PostPosted: Sep 20th, '13, 18:32 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Naethus Dawnfury, former Farstrider Lieutenant

Character Race and Class::
Blood Elf - Warrior

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Adventure. For many a year, Naethus has wandered around Azeroth, exploring and adventuring on his own. Though having traveled throughout the world and beyond, he has mostly done so on his own. Tired of loneliness, Naethus is in search of comradery; he wishes to be a part of a group once again. The gold doesn't hurt, but is not the reason behind his "enlistment".

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Naethus was born and raised in Silvermoon, where he spent his youth of drunken debauchery, gaining reputation as an infamous "skirt-chaser," something his family wealth made possible, despite of which he had all the traditional traits of a nobleman passed down to him by his father; aside from the general behavior and knowledge of the history of Quel'Thalas, and the world (something that he had always been interested in), this included swordsmanship (something he had also managed to become quite skilled at, mainly due to his expensive tutors). Though originally repulsed by the army and its soldiers, he enlisted in pursuit of a woman; one that rejected him based on his reputation - this was a blow to his ego that he could not handle. In time, he had become an accomplished ranger, eventually rising to the rank of Lieutenant, being granted a unit under his command. At a point in time during his service, he had been ambushed by forest trolls who kept him for a week, feeding him nothing but poorly cooked lynx intestines and what was likely animal urin; the forest trolls are not known for their hospitality, and Naethus possesses first hand knowledge of this, having been tortured throughout his captivity. During the Orcish incursion during the Second War, the missions his unit carried out were crucial to Quel'Thalas' defense. Based on their success, Dawnfury and his unit were tasked with protecting the border even after the Orc threat had been repelled. This was a notion Dawnfury openly protested, as he wanted to take his unit south to aid the human Alliance in their struggle. Being forbidden from doing so, he took his unit and left either way. This act was considered desertion by the Silvermoon government, and he would have been executed had it not been for his father's political standing, which allowed for the sanctioning to be mere banishment from Quel'Thalas. Naethus pledged his, and the loyalty of his unit to the Alliance, and had executed several missions against the Orcish forces. A day came when he had been ordered to strike against an encampment in the vicinity of Hillsbrad. After having learned that the encampment was actually filled with women and children, and not the armed Orc forces, he refused to attack. This was considered desertion by the Alliance military, and a bounty had been placed on their heads, unbeknownst to him at the time. The Alliance quickly located the renegade Farstriders in the Arathi area, and proceeded to strike during the night. Most of them were captured, Naethus included, though a few (including his second-in-command) escaped. During what was supposed to be a public hanging, the handful that had managed to evade capture freed Naethus and his men, and took off. Dawnfury considered the Alliance's actions to be betrayal most foul, and had swore to exact vengeance. His unit proceeded to ambush patrol and supply routes of the Alliance army, eventually gaining infamy as terrorists. During the attack against an Alliance garrison, the humans managed to capture one of Naethus' subordinates, later on publicly having her executed for her criminal acts against the Alliance. Her body was thrown to the pigs, and her head hung from the walls of a watchtower in the vicinity of Andorhal. Naethus' second-in-command had been in love with the woman, and actually convinced Naethus to exact revenge in equal measure. One night, they torched a small village, killing everyone. Their heads were sent to the man who orchestrated the execution of the Farstriders' comrade, with a note saying: "We noticed you are fond of decorating your walls with the heads of the dead, so we sent you a few more." Realizing that what they had done was actually an atrocity, Naethus abandoned his unit to wander across Azeroth.

Some time later, he heard of the Scourge outburst, and how the undead were marching north, to Quel'Thalas, immediately returning home. Upon arrival, he discovered Arthas and his armies had already made their way through the southern reaches of Eversong. Joining forces with the few surviving rangers in the area, they did what they could to damage the seemingly endless enemy. He tracked Arthas' movements, and witnessed the death of his king. He later joined the prince, Kael'Thas (who granted him pardon, due to his recent efforts against the Scourge), and had been converted to a Sin'dorei. After the prince's betrayal, the Silvermoon government once again banished Naethus, claiming that "a traitor's word is not to be trusted." He has since been traveling across Azeroth and Outland, in search of peace. Suffice it to say, he has not found any.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Aside from being a skilled swordsman, and knowledgeable about many things (possesses a great amount of information regarding other organizations), he is also a skilled marksman, both with his arcane and flintlock pistols, and a bow. He has a vast array of diverse weaponry, ranging from swords and daggers to pistols and mana-grenades.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Despite his turbulent past with Trolls, Orcs and even his own kin, Naethus has evolved into a peace-loving man, claiming that "everything has it's use, and we're to be respect it because of that - this extends to people." He has shown no problem collaborating with anyone.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
While supposedly having let go of the past, Naethus does not bear any affection towards the government of Silvermoon, nor the human military. He remains, to a certain extent, loyal to the concept of Farstriders, and what it used to represent.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Naethus glances about, looking each of the individuals over. Making no sudden movements, he crosses his arms, making light of the situation.
The men surrounding him are apparently all dead-set on capturing him. A tall, rugged man steps forward, seemingly their leader, speaking to Naethus.
-"Where is the woman?" Naethus grins, sighing in relief. -"Phew. Here I thought you were after me. That's a load off my chest." He chuckles before continuing to speak. "Honestly, I don't even know her. She's just some tavern wench. Left her asleep in the hut after I was done, a mile or two that-a-way. Try not to be too rough, eh?" Naethus smiles politely, glaring at the leader, who soon releases a loud shout. -"You heard him, move out! I want her alive!" The men charge off in the direction Naethus provided, the leader included. Naethus turns out, observing the now-distant group. -"Or was it the other way? Hmm. I always seem to get those two confused. Oh well." Naethus proceeds to walk away.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Because I believe the guild is suitable to my character, and possesses qualities that I seek in a community. The whole recruitment process is quite formal and complex, which impresses me greatly. Not much to say, aside from that. I'm just looking for a new guild, and you seem like a swell lot.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I have no particular hobbies, talents or accomplishments. I am currently studying at a university, majoring in history. I'm 19 years old, and don't particularly like anything around me. The people are either dull, ignorant, stupid, or fake; sometimes all of the above. I openly despise most social concepts and believe in a simple philosophy; everyone should do what they desire the most, at all times. From birth, people have to adapt to the norms and customs of the society they're raised in, which often act in a way that suppresses the free will of an individual, limiting his potential. Most people go their entire lives "adapting" instead of going out into the world and doing what they want, and that disgusts me.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I've been RPing for several years now. My RP experience started in 2009 when I began playing SAMP after a short break from WoW. After that, about two years ago, I left WoW again to play at a private server - Molten WoW, where I also RP. I came back a few months ago, and I've been RPing ever since.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Naethus
PostPosted: Sep 22nd, '13, 23:09 
Captain

Hey there.

The character seems okay: a bit on the moral side for Blackguard, given we've happily deployed demons and lesser plagues, but not necessarily on a dealbreaker level. He'd need to be prepared to catch some flack for the Farstrider love: we've been screwed over by them in two major wars now, not many like them.

What worries me, though, is introducing yourself with a statement of rather hostile personal values. Bring the fun and the respect is an outright rule in our OOC code of conduct - characters are allowed to be dicks, but players we expect to have basic social skills and good judgement. Anything else, we find, is an invitation to drama.

Maybe you misrepresented yourself, sod knows we've all sometimes said desperately silly stuff when meeting new people. Want to try that bit again?

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Naethus
PostPosted: Sep 22nd, '13, 23:21 
Applicant

Gillawyn wrote:
Hey there.

The character seems okay: a bit on the moral side for Blackguard, given we've happily deployed demons and lesser plagues, but not necessarily on a dealbreaker level. He'd need to be prepared to catch some flack for the Farstrider love: we've been screwed over by them in two major wars now, not many like them.

What worries me, though, is introducing yourself with a statement of rather hostile personal values. Bring the fun and the respect is an outright rule in our OOC code of conduct - characters are allowed to be dicks, but players we expect to have basic social skills and good judgement. Anything else, we find, is an invitation to drama.

Maybe you misrepresented yourself, sod knows we've all sometimes said desperately silly stuff when meeting new people. Want to try that bit again?

Hello!

Perhaps. I did not mean to appear hostile in any way, nor is my intention to speak out against someone at any time. I am perfectly fine with socializing and holding my opinions (those that others may find insulting) to myself. I can assure you that there will be no drama from me; the worst you could expect are perverse, inappropriate jokes from time to time :D I am quite serious about my role-play, and can be mature about the entire thing without issue. Once again, I do not intend to openly act in a hostile manner. I can, in fact, be quite pleasant, and I usually am. This is simply my outlook on life, and I do not intend to go about the guild chat preaching of how the world sucks. If someone asks me in private of what my opinion is on something, I'll gladly provide it, but I will not unnecessarily spout off anything that might encourage ill will. If you wish, you can inquire about my socializing skills with my current guild, The Hand of Agony, and it's officers.

That would be all.

OfflineProfile