It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 13:40

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Cazzer
PostPosted: Oct 26th, '13, 21:42 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Cazzer "Grin" Virell

Character Race and Class::
Goblin, Rogue

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Women, wine and whimsy.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Cazzer has plenty of secrets... Here's a snapshot of his origins:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cazzer Virell, son of a Cartel chief, has had all the nepotistic advantages a Goblin can enjoy. Cazzer, however, was rarely interested in the parade of hired then fired private tutors that his father organised (in the vain hopes of dissuading Cazzer from joining the Cartel). Regardless, as a consequence, he is well-spoken, -read and -mannered, versed on the geo-politics of Azeroth, and an able combatant.

At the age of 21, eager to impress, and keen to make his mark in the Cartel, he secretly listened in on a Cartel “business meeting”, in which a particularly troublesome merchant by the name of Shid Keddlaw was discussed, though no firm conclusions were come to. Cazzer seized the opportunity.

He visited Keddlaw’s place of business, masquerading as a potential investor and invited him out for drinks and preliminary discussions that evening, in the full knowledge that the Cartel’s pressure would make it seem an utter blessing. Later that night, over a fine red wine, whilst still puffing on a cigar, an amused expression on his face, Cazzer wrapped piano wire around Keddlaw’s neck and pulled tight until the spasming stopped.

Beaming with pride, he presented the body to his father. Problem solved, he said. His father was aghast, then ashamed, then impressed. The Cartel got its hands dirty, for sure, but this was something else. The ruthlessness!

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Cazzer is very tall, broad and muscled for a Goblin, is a charming and skilled negotiator, and is an effective bruiser.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Blood Elves are wealthy and attractive - both rate highly in Cazzer's eyes.
Orcs Get Things Done; he admires their courage (and probably leans more towards Garrosh than Thrall - not that he particularly cares).
He's never met an interesting Tauren, and he finds them extremely dull conversationalists.
He tends to get on well with Trolls, whose humour he enjoys.
Goblins are Goblins. He doesn't trust them, and that's they way he thinks it should be. He wouldn't trust a Goblin he thought he might be able to.

He's also rather ambivalent about the Horde/Alliance rivalry, though he considers it a nuisance.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
First and foremost, he is loyal to himself. Otherwise, he's willing to swear an oath to anyone who can reliably provide him with mischief.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
" - and that, my dear ladies, is why you never taunt an angry quillbeast!"
The attentive gaggle of Sin'Dorei bimbos burst into a cacophony of titters, giggles and shrieks of laughter. With a flick of his wrist he checked his wristbound chronometer. Had it really been that long? Surely he must have been found by now.
A brunette, champagne glass in hand, addressed him, "Mr Virell, you are quite something for a...err-"
"Goblin?", he interrupted. "Many of my kin are philistines, concerned only with the acquisition of wealth for its own sake. An absurd proposition; that an abstract number should loom so large in our imaginations. Money makes us its slaves, when the opposite should be true." He spoke with the easy confidence of one who has never had to worry about finances in his life, and the solemn nods that greeted his pronouncement confirmed that he was in good company. In truth, he could not care less about money, or talking about money. He was thinking about the blood he had spilt earlier that day, and was doing his best not to smirk at the memory.

Cazzer gave a deep sigh and scratched his stubbled chin thoughtfully. "It has been my pleasure, ladies. But it is time for me to resign for the night." - a dramatised reaction of disappointment from the crowd - "I do hope I will chance into you all again very soon." He gave a broad smile, eyes locked on the brunette for more than just a glance - enough for the message to be conveyed, and turned towards the stairs of the inn.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
That the joining process is so thorough ensures an excellent signal-to-noise ratio. Otherwise - I saw you on the Guild Finder and everything appealed.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm studying a Philosophy MA in England, I've written for various magazines, have interviewed some of the world's coolest people, and I make films!

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
Mild WoW RP since Vanilla, two D&D campaigns. Not much more!

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Cazzer
PostPosted: Nov 1st, '13, 21:18 
Lieutenant (Site Admin)

Thanks for the application, Cazzer - Our officers are looking it over and we'll get back to you with a proper response as soon as we can, real-life commitments permitting.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Cazzer
PostPosted: Nov 6th, '13, 01:07 
Lieutenant

Hey Cazzer!
Your application's been bumped to the IC meeting stage!
Throw us a nudge ingame and we'll get it sorted.

OfflineProfile