It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 08:11

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Frizzi Farshot
PostPosted: Jan 4th, '14, 01:09 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Frizzi Farshot

Character Race and Class::
Goblin Hunter

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Gold to maintain the costs of ammunition, equipment and their maintenance; but more than that, simply for a group to belong to – as of late, work on her lonesome has been harder and harder to come by regularly... and is also, naturally, very lonely.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Born the weakest of three children – or 'issues', as Goblins often call them – Frizzi was sold off to a prospective buyer, as was a fairly routine process on Kezan. Ironically, working as a servant and (later) as a free source of labour, Frizzi grew stronger as she aged, used to the rigours and physicality of mining especially. She became something of a prized 'slave' to the upstart company that owned her, and thus, when Kezan fell to the fires of Deathwing, was fortunate enough to secure a place on one of the many merchant ships intended to hold slaves for the Trade Prince.

Little can be said for afterwards, such was the blur of events – but at the end of it, Frizzi found herself a free woman, obligated to work with the Horde who had sheltered her kin. It was not long before she found her aptitude and talent in firearms and marksmanship, eventually striking out as a bounty hunter and mercenary-for-hire, tiring of one-sided soldiering when profit could be made elsewhere.

Since, she has spent much time travelling the word and sharpening her skills, though with the advent of Garrosh, has found herself dry on jobs.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
rizzi is a sharpshooter of practice and talent, and an inventor slightly less so. Her time as a bounty hunter taught her tracking and persistence... as well as a great deal of patience. She also has some basic knowledge of much of the world, Kalimdor especially, having spent many a month travelling.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
The Alliance/Horde conflict gave rise to work for Frizzi – she has no personal stake in it, herself, though remains thankful to Orcs especially for giving her kin a place in the world (though she'd never admit it). As such, she holds most races in equal regard, even her kinsmen (though a Goblin should never -totally- trust another Goblin).

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
She had resentment for the Goblins who owned her, as well as her birth parents, though both have, as far as she knows, either died in the wake of Kezan's destruction, or simply made themselves scarce.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Frizzi sits with an ever-concrete patience, watching the road below from atop her tree, awaiting her target. She peers through the scope of her trusty rifle, reaching forward to wipe the condensation that had fogged up its lens; and there, indeed, within sight, the notorious human bumbled along.

“Jackpot.”

Frizzi's shot echoes throughout the forest, disturbing the wildlife that make their homes there, scattering at the sudden, violent noise.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
The concept appeals to me - many mercenary guilds forsake a sense of unity and comraderie. I tend to work quite late in the evenings, so a late night playtime suits me perfectly, which I have found hard to find in a guild setting, so far.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm a twenty-something year old receptionist who tends to work into the early evening. Outside of WoW and roleplay, I enjoy games, of course, and I'm a amateur (and thus rather bad) fledgling musician.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I've roleplayed in many games, ranging from Neverwinter Nights servers to numerous MMOs... but WoW is the only one that seems to draw me back and get me hooked. Much of my WoW roleplay has taken place blue-side, but I've recently found the Horde lore and ideals very appealing and interesting.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Frizzi Farshot
PostPosted: Jan 4th, '14, 01:25 
Lieutenant

'lo there Frizzi!
Thank you for your application, I'll throw my fellow officers a nudge and we'll get back to you soon as we're able. :)

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Frizzi Farshot
PostPosted: Jan 6th, '14, 23:29 
Captain

Hey Frizzi!

A goblin sniper with a background in merc work and a resentment for slavery sounds like a great fit. Poke us to set up an in game interview and lets see how she gets along with the Rats!

OfflineProfile