It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 09:50

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Mezone
PostPosted: Jan 4th, '14, 11:41 
Applicant

>>Character Full-Name and Titles::
"Mez" Mezone

>>Character Race and Class::
Blood Elf Mage

>>Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Gold is not of a paramount importance to Mezone, finding a group to have something in common with is a greater priority. Living as a lone wolf can be rewarding, but it always has a price, a price Mezone can barely afford. Forcing to conceal his identity from the officials of the Horde capitals, Mezone believes a company of outlaws would become perfect allies, and allies is something he has not seen for a very long time.

>>Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:

The earliest memories to cross Mezone's mind are the images of the Lower City in Shattrath. The orpahange matron told him, that his parents were magisters in a legion serving Kael'thas. Back when Shattrath was besieged by the Sunfury legion, his parents were killed in action. The Sha'tar found a baby and brought him to the orphanage.
Years passed, yet the picture of the lower city never changed: all the same misery and shattered hopes with just a drop of relative safety, so rare to be found at all in Outland. One night, he couldn't sleep and went out for a walk, actually sneaking to the Scryer's tier. For some reason, the automated guards were deactivated, and since it was nighttime - it was hard to tell anyone apart. Up on the tier he noticed some sin'dorei magister opening a portal to Silvermoon, apparently to deliver a message to the blood elven command back in Azeroth. Mezone had always wanted to find any link to his brethren - to see their ancient homeland, so he took on a risky path and jumped right into the portal after the magister.
He was astonished at the beauty of his homeland, streets brimming with crimson red and overflowed with magical devices - something he could only dream about. Although this was just a first-glance image of Silvermoon, since nobody wanted orphans like himself in the city. The guards had thrown him outside the Sheperd's gates.
Mezone had to survive by picking up nutritious herbs and berries in the Eversond woods, until he was taken in by Magister Duskwither. After hearing his story, he said that Mezone might have some magic affinity and took him as his apprentice. Being overjoyed, little did Mezone care what was Duskwither working on.
Duskwither taught him the basics of arcane and elemental magic, good enough to fend off a feral lynx or maybe even pierce a dragonhawk with a lance of ice. Weak as his magic was - it was better than nothing. Mezone and the other apprentices assisted Diskwither in his research of curing the hunger for magic, until a tragedy happened and the Spire was overflowed with magical creatures and apprentices started turning into the wretched.
Wounded by his fellow, Mezone managed to escape crippling his attacker, only to find himself being blamed for the incident.
Now, being forced to go under the nickname "Mez" he covers his face finding refuge in the Eversong Woods, constantly running from one place to another to escape Duskwither's hired goons.

>>Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Aside from point-blank hitting an enemy with a fireball or razing the flesh with remorseless cold, Mezone can be quite good at infiltrating the enemy lines thanks to his knowledge of invisibility magic and a natural escape artist skills, which are quite unusual for a mage.

>>What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
His orcish matron treated him better than his own kind, Mezone cares little for racial differences.

>>Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Few people Mezone could call buds, even less friends. But there's one person who changed everything - Duskwither. He can never forgive him for blaming his own mistakes on an apprentice.

>>Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Back in Duskwither Spire doing research for the magister:
Mezone: "Hey, Felendren, what's the hurry? Where are you running off to this time? The Crystals are still fully-functional."
Felendren: "Bah, Mez, there were reports of enormous amounts of fel magic crystals near Falconwing Square, if it's what we're looking for - we might be able to finish this earlier, before magic is completely drained from us and we're turned into those nasty wretched."
Mezone: "What makes you so sure about that? We barely understand the cause of this transformation and now you say we can find a cure that easily? Don't be ridiculous!"
Felendren: "Oh you'll see, when I prove that they can prevent this malignant transformation if supplemented with Duskwither's formula for filtering magical energies - you're the one going to be jealous."
Mezone: "Yeah, yeah, go on already, I'll write the report on our progress to Duskwither. Wonder if he ever reads those, sounds like I'm doing it just for the fel of it."
Felendren: "That's your job isn't it? Doing all this paperwork because you suck at magic. Sun's guidance to you."
Mezone: "Say...what? Sun's what?"
Felendren: "Oh yeah, I forgot, you're not used to living in Eversong, it's our common way of saying farewell."
Mezone: "Allright then, let's hope that there's more to it than your cocky attitude. Sun's guidance!"

>>Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
I'm 21.

>>Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Military-stype RP doesn't suit me, I've tried, but all this formality - hate it. You guys seem to be more open-minded and less formal in all of this, although I'm close to being completely new to roleplay, I hope I can experience fun times in your company.

>>Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
In real life I'm just a regular 21 y.o. med student, don't really do much other than that. I've done a few manga translations once, but I've been off that kind of work for a while now.

>>Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
There isn't really a lot of story to tell, I used to be in Dawnherald once, but then I've been inactive for a long time, real life issues. I kind of liked their attitude towards RP, but later it became too formal for me - more roles, less play or something like that. I've been roleplaying with my other character at the time, my lvl 90 warlock, on the same realm. Now since I've got a lot more free time - I've decided to take it a bit easy and find some people to stick around with, I've never tried outlaw-RP to be honest, but I'm eager to learn, as always.

P.S. you should really enable BBCode, the text is hard to read, I wish I could make it easier to read, but without BBC it's kind of...impossible.
UPD: Tried to use BBCode, it doesn't allow me, just keeps the tags as text instead of changing it, I don't know what to do lads...

Last edited by Mezone on Jan 6th, '14, 23:26, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Mezone
PostPosted: Jan 5th, '14, 23:25 
Rat

Do you mean something like this?

With headlines in diffrent colour?

Or other text format tools to increase readability?

I dont know how you missed them :)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jan 7th, '14, 00:11 
Captain

Hey there Mezone, thanks for the app! Unfortunately, there's a couple of hitches with it:

- The guild has been getting very heavy on Blood Elves and magic users of late, and we find having a lot of characters who do the exact same thing easily makes those characters seem redundant. We're iffy about taking either, and do say so in our recruitment post. This is the primary reservation - an old Horde character we might consider, blood elf casters we already have several of.

- An Eversong-bound character is problematic to introduce to a company that generally avoids Quel'thalas

- The background also has a couple of hitches:

a character who was a baby during the siege of Shattrath would be only 4-6 years old (depending on whether you use the lore timeline or realtime as a guide). This is easily fixable by stranding him in human lands rather than Outland. Perhaps his parents were traders and killed on a trip? he may not even know He could easily have decided to make the pilgrimage home once he was an adult.

the Magisters' Spire is public domain, and belongs to all players. This means we're free to make up minor incidents (e.g. your master's study was invaded by Wretched), but claims that all players using the place should know about (the entire Spire was overrun) tend to be frowned on in the Rp community.

If you have another character you'd like us to consider, the fix to your BBcode issues is clicking the button on the front page that says "Click to apply to Blackguard". That will auto format your reply the same way the other applications are. :)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jan 7th, '14, 10:09 
Applicant

Naw, I doubt I'd want to play as a different character in the nearest time. Guess my fantasy is as poor as I had expected. Thanks for replying though.
P.S. I could fix a few points you didn't like, for example being bound to Eversong. I'm not sure why did you get the impression that he is, I actually didn't imply that, but hey, I'm not a native English speaker. Mezone was thrown into Eversong and had no opportunity to run elsewhere, but it doesn't mean he can't leave or has not traveled.

OfflineProfile