It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 08:08

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Eleanne
PostPosted: Feb 13th, '14, 21:07 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Eleanne Autumnheart

Character Race and Class::
Bloodelf paladin

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Eleanne has been doing some mercenary work on her own to get over the rounds, but she realizes that it is too dangerous and too unprofitable to work on your own and now she is looking around for a group of fortune hunters that is suitable to work with

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Eleanne was born as an ordinary girl in the eversoong woods, daughter of a priestess of the light and a warrior, making it only a matter of time until her natural affinity for fighting and magic would lead her down the path of a paladin. having practiced swordfighting from an early age with her father she joined in the ranks of the army of Quel'thalas, living a rather dull and peacefull live until the scourge attacked. Following these events she became part of the order of the bloodknights, training in the practices of holy magic and willingly abusing the power of M'uru, even leading her to a relatively high rank within the bloodknights. But as the truth about the Naaru and Kael'thalas came out and most elven of the order were still not giving up the shameless abuse of the captured M'uru, eleanne was conflicted and started to starve herself from mana, causing her to become more and more wicked and even getting close to become one of the wretched, being locked away and kicked out from the bloodknights, Eleanne was sitting in her cell and anticipating death and insanity as the events of the sunwell unfolded and M'uru filled her soul with holy energy, causing the woman to recover slowly and being released, though she did not want to join the bloodknights anymore, seeing them now in another light she abandoned her old home and decided to wander the world of azeroth in the hope of finding a new purpose in her life.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
She is proficient in swordfight, holy magic and basic arcane magic. Given her training within the bloodknights, she is also efficient at following orders and working within a team, being disciplined and showing leader qualities.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Eleanne simply thinks she is better than most races of the horde, being able to relate most with the goblins and Tauren. despite thinking they are smelly, she still aknowledges their intellect and wisdom. For the undead she only shares mild sympathy, given their leader is one of her kind. However thinking she is better than everyone else, does make her not feel the constant need to display her superiority and does not mind to endure other races in her vincinity or working with them.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Eleanne has an exceptional distate for the bloodknights and anyone practicing fel magic. She will not attack those people on sight but being provoked she will not hesitate to act.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Eleanne Autumnheart enters the old abandoned house she has chosen as her hideout and sits back on a frail, little stool that heavily creaks underneath her from the sheer weigth as she undoes the leatherstraps that held the sword, grabbing it and looking at the bloodspattered blad with a little sigh. Slowly the young looking elf leaned over to the table to pick up one of the old rags that has been left behind in this hutt before starting to polish the blade with utmost care and dedication until it fully shines in it's full glory. The shine itself cast a little smile on Eleannes face, making her think how her father would be proud of this, but it quickly vanished as she saw her own face in the reflection, seeing nothing but the epitome of what she despised, a bloodknight that was supposed to help their people, but instead putting their own needs over those of her kind.

Quickly the armored woman averts her gaze to the left, staring out of the window into the night of the forest as she seems to spy a shade moving between the trees. Have they been following her? In a swift movement Eleanne dropped from the stool onto her knees and crawled over to the windowframe, peeking out from the bottom and clinging to the hilt of her blade with both hands in anticipation of another attacker...

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Because Satimira recommened it to me and I heard it's a nice and active guild with a nice concept and I am in the need for a guild to rp in. Not much else reason for it, really.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I am twenty years old and an aspiring to become a game designer. My hobbies are obviously videogames, 3d design and traditional drawings too. ( more on the digital side though because screw erasers! ) So all in all I really love every from of art, except for maybe music which I lack utter understanding for. And I once won the round robin tournament with my old highlander team... That's an accomplishment...

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I have been roleplaying for several years. Maybe 6 or 7. I have started out in WoW, but after a while I left the game and moved on to other places. Among them The secret world and guild wars 2. But nothing quite beats wow in gameplay and scenery and so I returned after a long while.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Eleanne
PostPosted: Feb 13th, '14, 21:30 
Lieutenant

Hey there Eleanne!
Thank you for applying! Between RL and ingame campaign we're a little more busy than usual, but we'll get back to you soon as able. :)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Feb 14th, '14, 08:39 
Captain

Hey there, thanks for the app!

The basic concept of a self-loathing lost soul with a strong soldiering background looking for a home seems a fit for Blackguard. However, we have some questions about how she'd fit in with the Rats personalitywise.

- Blood Elf sense of superiority, Blackguard tends to find it a trait that loses wars: and loathing for fel magic, three of our four active casters are warlocks, we also have two troll witches and a shadow bastard, all out and proud and valued regulars of the company. Open arrogance or hostility to other Rats will make her no friends, unless she can also put a lid on it - ideally she'd have some positive trait to balance it.
- With Gil currently tied up with family matters, the company is currently mostly under Vuai's command, with Kyrith as a second. Can her arrogance handle taking orders from a troll and a corpse?

None of these are deal breakers by themselves, it depends very much how they're played. Witch pride and Death Knight supremacy are long-standing features in guild RP (so arrogance -can- work, sufficiently tempered by usefulness or good sense), and we also have a lone Argent Crusader who for all his moral qualms still manages to convince himself he does more good with the Rats than going back to the Crusade (so disliking black magic can work, so long as it can grow into appreciation for our own felcasters).

The question, I think, is how you see these traits working for your character - do you think she'll be able to work around them, or will she just dig in her heels and refuse to budge when differences manifest? I know you say she shows leadership qualities, but people tend to differ wildly in what they think those are.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Feb 14th, '14, 20:21 
Rat

Well what I tried to show in my application is that despite her thinking she is of superior class and race, like many elves do, she doesn't believe that these races are worthless and smelly scum that can't think straight. Additionally to that comes the fact that she has been raised as an army child and knows not to question orders from her superiors.

I personally believe there is a fine line to be walked with this kind of character trait. Somebody that honestly believes they are better than everyone else won't make an effort to display that at all times. They will simply think they are better.

With the dislike for fel, I probably should have said that she hates bloodknights far more than felmagic users. Both originating from the fact that Kael used to ally himself with demons and her believing that this is equal to coorperating with the scourge. However I believe that she again would be able to make great use of her discipline in such situations. Afer all her kind hasn't been part of the horde since yesterday.

OfflineProfile