It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 18:58

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Alexandria
PostPosted: Apr 9th, '14, 05:30 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Alexandria Townsend

Character Race and Class::
Forsaken Death Knight

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Being a death knight only really lends itself to a very singular set of skills, butchery and battle, a life not so different to hers in life, excepting a compulsion to inflict pain and some degree of agonizing self-torment. And the rot.

Dismissed from service in Queen Sylvanas's Army for unbecoming conduct (Cannibalizing fallen orcish allies is considered improper, and may cause diplomatic incidents, despite how wasteful it is) and terrible acetic jokes (Two death knight armourers walk into a saronite bar), she has decided to start a new venture in the mercenary business, a field where she has talent and value. After the Lich King's defeat, all she has is to lethargically carry on unliving a macabre parody of life for the sake of a grim kind of solipsism.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Born in Gilneas to a rag and bone man and a milkmaid, she grew up in a slum where most were missing a tooth and none could pronounce the letter h. With the promise of a better life, some years before the Greymane Wall went up her family emigrated to Lordaeron, and as a hopelessly blunt, dim-witted and unskilled youth, found herself, as most do, in the army—in which such people are allowed to flourish, if only to a certain degree.

With a swollen measure of pride, and a below average pouch of pay, she fought in rank and file in battles throughout the second and third wars; a meat shield artfully evading butchery through luck and skill and cowardice in equal measure. But mostly luck, and luck is a very finite resource. She inevitably found herself on the uninviting end of a blade of one of the risen dead.

Torn from the finality of death, and reborn in unlife, she found herself the butcher now. Slaying the living indiscriminately at the Lich King's bidding, her grave service purchased her assignment on a suicide mission to lure out Tirion Fordring with the other death knights of Acherus.

Dazed and confused, filled with vengeance and spite at herself and the affliction of undeath, she pledged herself once more to her twice-adopted home of Lordaeron, and vowed to end the Lich King herself. Of course, as is often the case with a vainglorious vow, she found herself in gruntish servitude to the Dark Lady, while some bold heroes busied themselves killing the Lich King and stealing her prophetic heroism out from under her.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Bladed combat, a touch of necromancy, a pinch of dark and unholy magic, poor humour, and detachable and reattachable limbs.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Being dead has afforded her a fairly zen multiracial perspective; there's only really the living and the dead, the difference between a blood elf and a troll is almost like the difference between a ginger and a blonde.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
A vehement hatred and disgust for the scourge, and a staunch camaraderie with her forsaken brothers and sisters. She holds a curiousity for the Gilnean worgen of her hometown, bordering on enmity.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Alexandria grinds a whetstone down the gnarled length of her runeblade, whistling tunelessly and mirthlessly through the gaps of her jagged, boney teeth. The whetstone grates and squeals against the metal incessantly, but she seems well at ease with it, its dead, scraping static drowning out the whispering promise of pain chittering in her skull.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I mostly don't get up to much war and combat or rp-pvp in my role-play, historically. I fancy doing some stories that revovle a little more around conflict in the traditional sense for a change. You guys always struck me as a fun bunch. I've thought about seeking you lot out for a while, but other things have always kept me busy in the past!

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm a lazy university student who likes to spend her time reading, goofing off, doing the role-plays, and drawing!

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I've been around a while! Mostly on Alliance.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Alexandria
PostPosted: Apr 9th, '14, 06:10 
Lieutenant (Site Admin)

Hi Alexandria, thanks for the application! We'll look over it and be in touch with you soon!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Apr 16th, '14, 21:36 
Lieutenant

Hey again Alexandria!
We've gone over your application and bumped it to the IC meeting stage. Contact one of ours ingame and we'll get it arranged.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Apr 17th, '14, 20:20 
Rat

Yay! I'll see if I can catch you guys (late) tomorrow night. Just packing tonight, catching the train back to my flat tomorrow!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Apr 18th, '14, 05:13 
Lieutenant (Site Admin)

Late suits just fine - We're usually on until insane-o'clock anyway!

OfflineProfile