It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 22:03

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Tazdorah.
PostPosted: Apr 21st, '14, 18:00 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Tazdorah.

Character Race and Class::
Troll Hunter.

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Companionship and the felt need to belong somewhere. Tazdorah has spent a lot of time alone since being shunned out of her village years ago. Her urge to take and gather up things she finds to be cute, nice or shiny has left her unable to stay in one place longer than a couple of days without having to flee.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Tazdorah grew up in the Hinterlands, raised by her father to replace him as a craftsman for when his old age would eventually catch up with him. With her fathers craft being fletching, Tazdorah learned from a young age how to handle arrows both in terms of making them and their usage as a weapon along with the bow. Unfortunately, after the death of her father, she was left alone to herself and her fletching.

She started to feel the need to fill the void left after her fathers passing with whatever she could find. Often things belonging to others that struck her as exceptionally fluffy, cute, shiny or just eye-catching in general. The nature of these items however made it easy for people both to notice them being missing and finding them again, always within Tazdorahs hut.

In the end she was shunned out of her home village and ended up on the road, still collecting things whenever she could. More often than not she would soon loose her new-found items and be forced to move on again from whichever place she entered.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
She still keeps up her practice with fletching, generally serving as such in the places she comes to before having to move on again. She is a fully capable archer and she has quick fingers. It does not take long for her to spot an item before it being missing. She also enjoyes and excels at handling and caring for animals.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
With her general lack of knowledge when it comes to their history and limited interaction before leaving her village, Tazdorah is generally neutral towards other races. She is however more friendly at the outset towards other trolls, them being more familiar to her. It should be noted that she is also rather warm towards Goblins and Tauren. Goblins mainly due to them looking somewhat comical to her and how they generally have good things to nick from them and Tauren for them being "fluffy".

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Her old loyalties were generally aimed towards her father and her village. Having never been one to steal anything of great significance she generally lacks old enemies.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Tazdorah fondles a shiny bauble as she wanders over to the campfire, looking down at it with a worried expression. As if on queue, a antenna slithers down her forehead and pokes her nose. After putting the bauble down in front of her, Tazdora looks up and smiles at Stingy. A pat on the head lets her large insect companion know what to do and it contently plots itself on top of her head, three legs hanging down on each side of Tazdorahs head.

Tazdorah looks back down at the bauble and inserts it into her bag, her worries forgotten for the time being. She gently leans back against a rock and lets out a content sigh.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I have had this guild recommended to me on several occasions and every thing I have heard of it has been positive. The concept of the guild is appealing, being different from many of the other mercenary guilds about. The mature setting also appeals as I feel that might make it easier for me to overcome my inherent nervousness.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I am a 21 year old Norwegian carpenter. I enjoy working with my hands and I love it when I am on the jobs which involves building a house or a hut from the bottom to its finished state. I also play guitar tho' I must confess that I do it more and more on a "whenever I feel like it" basis. Norwegian is my first language and English is the second I learned, currently I am attempting to learn dutch seeing as I have great affection for the Netherlands and I have many friends, RL and online whom are dutch.

I should note that I do have some issues with social anxiety. I have not noticed it having an affect on me in roleplay but it does lead to me being rather nervous about messing up and saying something dumb that might annoy someone when chatting OOC. I generally tend to warm up to people at a decent after I get a feel for some of them over time tho'. Just don't ask me to go to any face to face meetings. =)

I am also an avid history geek and generally real a lot of historical fact books and historical fiction. Stewart Binns, Jack Ludlow, Bernard Cornwell and Simon Scarrow being amongst some of the authors I regularly read. I also love the Warcraft universe and own most of the books and comics.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
World of Warcraft was my first look into roleplay. I started roleplaying in early 2006 on the Steamwheedle Cartel server and I continued to do so with minor periods of pause due to RL complications until the last pause about a year ago. After returning then I found that my old server was basically dead RP wise and so moved on over to Argent Dawn. Due to having lost contact with many of my old server mates I have had a bit of bother getting into new circles mainly due to my anxiety.

I have also partaken in Warhammer and DnD roleplay over skype, generally with campaigns spanning several months and one which lasted up to a year.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Tazdorah.
PostPosted: Apr 25th, '14, 21:08 
Captain

Hey there Taz! As Kyrith's sticky notes, we're holding recruits for a moment while the ones we recently took in settle -- but we'll look through this and get back to you as soon as that changes.

Out of curiosity, we have quite a few SWC refugees in the Ratpack already, think you may have met any of us back then? :)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Apr 25th, '14, 21:44 
Rat

Anything is possible, who knows? =D

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 10th, '14, 14:28 
Lieutenant (Site Admin)

Hi Tazdorah,
We've moved your application to the IC meeting stage if you're still interested; so poke one of us in-game sometime and we'll see what happens!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 10th, '14, 14:51 
Rat

Excellent, will do.

OfflineProfile