It is currently Apr 28th, '24, 23:54

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Myrien
PostPosted: Jun 10th, '14, 18:23 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Myrien Oran'das

Character Race and Class::
Blood Elf Rogue

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
To fully understands what drives and motivates Myrien, one would in truth need to know her well. And few can make such a claim, as she seems ever-evasive as to such questions, what might be clear however, is what whatever gold she does earn, is not spent on finery nor booze at the local taverns. A desire for adventure then might be what motivates this young elf? To spend time with likeminded folks, and possibly find some degree of enjoyment along the way. Not entirely unlikely, that this might be a motivational factor, but then again, simply asking her might be the best way to find out, providing she'd tell you of course.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Myrien is notoriously tight-lipped about her past, and at times, one might be forgiven for thinking she makes part of it up. Some small discrepancies might be found for those paying keen attention to her tales, particularly those stemming back to her early years. What is known however is that she was raised by a single mother after her father left before her birth. Myrien has spent some time as of late re-locating her father, this for reasons known to herself only.

Myrien is mainly self-taught. As a aspiring mender, she uses herbal remedies mixed in with some good old-fashioned wives-tales, using anything non-magical to ail and ease the pain of those in need. Whilst but a novice, she is capable of mending "easy" things, such as cuts, broken bones and so forth. Thinks of a magical nature and so forth, she would stand powerless against, but some degree of knowledge into rudimentary magics, might have her possibly, with some luck recognize symptoms to some more obscure ailments.

She grew up in Southern Eversong, and her knowledge of the area is very good, having spent countless hours there exploring, she loves the High Kingdom dearly, but at the same time something draws her to explore beyond it's borders..

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
She is adaptable, her mind might be her greatest asset as such. A eagerness to learn, and a inquisitive mindset, has her always thirst for more knowledge. She is relatively adept at navigating out in the wilds, and would be able to spend time "roughing" it, and not suffer for it, in truth she loves spending time in nature.

As a aspiring mender, she is capable of helping with wounds and ailments, but it might be noted that she has alot to learn still.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Myrien is open and friendly to anyone in truth, she is more of the general "Let's meet and see how things go" mindset, and judge most people based on their actions, rather than pre-concieved notions of what might or might not be factual.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Myrien in truth does not inspire animosity in anyone, she is mild-mannered and kind, and to hate her would be possible, but she would not consider anyone a foe.

She has no loyalties beyond her love for the High Kingdom, a unwavering love for her homelands, she takes pride in this, but please take note that her pride should not be mistaken for arrogance.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Myrien walks along the path, the chirping of birds a tell-tale sound that the world is slowly awakening, she smiles at this, as ever she loves the break of awn, the notion that she is all alone. Her bare feet brushing against the dewy grass, she knows that in but a hour or two this dew will be long gone, as is always the case in Quel'Thalas, but the early morning is the best time to forage for thistle. she knew it was frowned upon, and that many elves used this flower for things that was much less ideal that her purpose.

A small lynx cub darts out of sight, and Myrien gives pause, knowing a cub means a mother might be nearby, and she takes some time to ensure that she does not advance upon a adult lynx, knowing full well how ferocious they can be when their younglings are near. She is finally satisfied that nothing lurks near as she walks towards a small bush, spotting the tell-tale red flowers. Plucking a few of them, the dew clings to each petal. "I guess there will be some tea this even as well.."

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I have heard of the guild, and after reading up on it, it really caught my interest. I have lurked around for quite some time now, awaiting recruitment to reopen. I am hoping I might be a good fit both IC and OOC, but I will let you guys determine that naturally :)

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I am a avid gamer, mainly WoW and Lord of the Rings online (And the latter I play alone...at least that's how it feels at times) I enjoy reading books, listening to music, talking to friends, spending time with my family. I am not that interesting, and I am not really sure what more to tell. I try to always be nice and kind to everyone I meet.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I began RP a lifetime ago, pen and paper games in my friends basement in the mid 80es, Dungeons and Dragons and Drager & Demoner in the beginning. Advancing to playing Vampire, Call off Cthulu and Warhammer, I have tried alot of pen and paper RP, and board games is also a passion of mine.

I have done some RP in Warcraft, I do enjoy it, I also do vast amounts of RP that's Skype based, where I create worlds and settings with friends, and I love that, the freedom to have no limitations is great.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Myrien
PostPosted: Jun 10th, '14, 18:50 
Applicant

Me being me, I forget to mention things, nothing new there!

I would like to mention that I am suffering from a relatively crippling case of "I am scared to approach new people in RP"itis. I know that at times I might come off as somewhat aloof, but I am in truth just horribly shy, and in time I adapt and adjust well. I just need some time on my hands to acclimatize.

Also, thanks for reading, any and all typos are put in deliberately of course!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 14th, '14, 19:01 
Lieutenant (Site Admin)

Hi Myrien, thanks for your application! The officers will look it over and get back to you soon.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '14, 06:45 
Lieutenant

Heya Myrien!
You've been bumped to the IC Meeting stage! Throw us a nudge ingame and we'll set it up.

OfflineProfile