It is currently Apr 28th, '24, 19:56

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Vorithren
PostPosted: Jun 11th, '14, 22:35 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Vorithren. Quit using his last name after being disowned.

Character Race and Class::
Blood elf hunter

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
As Vorithren has no long-lasting employment and doesn't even want any, he's been doing little odd jobs here and there to earn himself a coin or two for grub and a pint. There's one thing he has always longed for - freedom, but as an objectively free man for quite a bit of his life, he started to question himself. He began to feel chained by his repetitive routines - is working for the sake of drinking and bedding harlots worth all this? What is it that a free man really wants? The question had been haunting him for a year or two, until after a chat with a certain 'free' troll and a shipwrecked Northrend expedition with some unsavory types, he granted the answer to himself; a drink, someone to warm his bed, and most importantly the company of other free men.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Born to a noble family in Silvermoon, he was expected to hold the burden of it's patriarch in the future. He always thought of himself as a misfit, and preferred the company of the wilds, rather than other sons of lords within the city. As a child he developed interest towards archery and joined the Farstriders at a young age, becoming an adept marksman as well as a survivalist.
During the troll wars his unit was scattered, leaving him behind in the forests to survive for months. At a certain point he found his way back to civilization - only to find out that his lover at the time, whom his father never accepted, had died under suspicious circumstances. This had a deep impact on him and his personality, as it grew him rebellious against authorities and defiant towards his family. He somewhat irrationally held both the Farstriders and his father responsible for the incident, but nevertheless kept his wrath to himself.

During the war against the Lich King, he was dishonorably discharged from the order for improper behavior and inappropriate actions, and as a result, disowned by his family. Ever since he's been wandering around Azeroth, most commonly in port towns in the southern hemisphere.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
As a former Farstrider, Vorithren is an adequate marksman, who knows how to hunt, track, and trap. Due to his experience in survival, he's capable of settling in most environments, creating clothing and armour from leather, building shelters and finding food for extended periods of time.

Also having a love for gambling, he has more than often taken part in fist fights, which is his primary way to spar and keep in shape.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
He harbors some aversion towards the undead, both Forsaken and the Ebon knights of Acherus, due to his belief that they're unnatural and have no place in the world of the living. This animosity is not however adamant, as he judges people as individuals, and everyone has their chance to impress him.

With the rest of the Horde he's content.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Loyalties? None.

He still holds a grudge for the Farstriders, and absolute hate towards his family.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Another painfully dry day in the south. The barren wastes are only as cruel as one is to them; you need to have a certain kind of respect for the area if you wish to live in it. Vorithren understood this well. Despite how hard the sun, completely different compared to the one in High Kingdom, burns and pushes little droplets of sweat on the surface of his skin, he finds a strange remedy in it. It allows him to predict the environment more clearly. This is a nice simple symbiosis to him.

The southern sun lets him know when the lion in need of hydration comes to the pond. The string sinks in the nock and the wood bends, creaking in a way that might just sound nasty to some ears, but beautiful to certain. As the string parts from the fingers, the creaking turns into a swift whish, followed by a thud and some growls full of despair. The skinning has to be done fast. The land is merciless to those who loiter, and can quickly spoil the meat and attract unwanted attention from scavenging animals.

The southern sun lets him know when the merchant in need of a pelt comes to sate his thirst in the tavern. An exchange of a few words, a pelt and a coin of silver. It's enough for Vorithren - for the night, at least. The thrill of the hunt is a welcome change to working at the docks, but sometimes it just feels as if it's not enough. Occasionally he can feel some strange hidden part of his mind longing to see the sun of the High Kingdom again. A little rum helps conquer these doubts for the time being, but they're still left to linger in his mind, suppressed. Perhaps the suppression is in fact just molding the thoughts into a new shape? Perhaps he just can't perceive the meaning of them? Yet, one thing is certain for him.

He likes this sun better.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
The only kind of guild I see fitting for my character, really. I've also roleplayed with some members of the guild in the past, and I was impressed. The mention of Hunter S. Thompson's works on the guild advertisement just sealed my interest.

Also because me and my older guildies were about to come on this realm and form a bandit guild called "Blackguard", but turns out we weren't fast enough.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm a 23 year old student from the cold dark north called Finland. Having really no other hobbies than music and roleplaying, being unemployed, possibly also talentless with nothing accomplished, this part will probably be rather blank. I'm not a very interesting person. I'm also quite humble, and I have a little sense of self-irony.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I started roughly ten years ago on a private RP server in Ultima Online, bought WoW in 2005 and played both games simultaneously, although an actual RP server in WoW I joined just in 2007. I was an officer of a major RP guild on Sha'tar for 4 years until it the realm died and we had to end it, after which I took a two-year break of the game, then came to Argent Dawn in search for a better future.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Vorithren
PostPosted: Jun 14th, '14, 19:01 
Lieutenant (Site Admin)

Hi Vorithren, thanks for your application! The officers will look it over and get back to you soon.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Vorithren
PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '14, 06:44 
Lieutenant

'lo there Vorithren!
Your app's been nudged to the IC meetup stage! Hit us up ingame and we'll get it sorted.

OfflineProfile