It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 21:32

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Mar'sak
PostPosted: Aug 23rd, '14, 01:53 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
-Mar'sak

Character Race and Class::
-Orc Warlock

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
-
Mar'sak feels himself an exiled orc, simply because he is feared by certain people and have been hunted by kor'kron. He doesn't feel that he can fit into the Horde, nor does he want to. He realise the world is dangerous if walked alone, he has heard of the Blackguard, a like minded group of missfits that doesn't belong to anywhere who work the dirty jobs and get's paid. He see's no better option than to join them, get allies, use magic and get gold in the process, something has to pay the repair bills or feed his wolf.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
-
He grew up on Draenor, he was the son of a fisherman and his wife. When Gul'dan offered the blood of Mannoroth he was among those who drank, there his journey first started to become a warlock, he was basically taught by some of the first warlocks. He served the Horde as a warlock in the first, second and the third war.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
-
Mar'sak has first and foremost his powers as a warlock. Whether it being inflicting pain, incineration or summoning of a demon he can do it, he doesn't necessarily do it unless it is needed though.
Beside of that he has a neutral perspective to many things and aspects, he communicates rather well with other races and have shown a decent skill of manipulation in the past.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
-
He has a neutral perspective to them mostly, he is very individualized and doesn't care about racial stereotypes, he cares about the character, not his/her clan or race. If they leave him alone he'll likely do the same, and the other way around.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
-
Mar'sak may have made quite a few old enemies over the years, being humans or orcs, he does not keep track of them, but there are two orc brothers that unsuccessfully have tried to track him down on several occasionally. It is something I plan to make more of in the future.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
-
Mar'sak sits quietly against a rock, his eyes gazing vigilant over the horizon and down on the barrens. He has a good view from that hill, and the solitude that he seeks here is satisfying. He looks down on his carvings, a crude orcish rune on a small piece of wood, just like the many others he made before that... perhaps he should try sell them, or infuse them with magic. "The choices are many" he muttered to himself before standing up, a final gaze of the horizon before climbing down to join the "civilized" once again.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
-I am 22.

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
-
I have a few friends who're in and often talk about how awesome the atmosphere is and how nice people are, and of course about the roleplay. I have also roleplayed a few time with the Blackguards other members and I really like the people. Both IC and OOC.
It was also the main reason I started on Argent Dawn, but then you closed requitment, so I waited til an oportunity arose.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
-
I am a 22 year old dane. I am an educated Zoo keeper, working with mostly Nordic animals and with a fondness for owls! I spend a great deal of time reading and studying about nature conservation. Beside of my gaming of WoW and fascination of animals I do viking reenactment and have done so in 7 years or so, I also enjoy drawing with pen and pencil, rarely but occasionally I attend LARP, but other than that I try to spend some time with friends whenever possible.

To be completely honest with you lot, I think it's important to know I am in treatment for having a depression, it might get a little more time consuming with time, but can't say for sure.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
-
Well, I started first as a larper 9 years ago, although I was not really a decent roleplayer til 7 years ago when I also started DnD Pen and Paper and learned how to actually roll my character and act.
5½ year ago I joined Steamweedle Cartel, first on my night elf Tawyn (who I hear some of you in here might remember), not my greatest character at first but after some retconning turned out okay. But then I went Horde and joined the Earthfury Clan with my shaman and then later became an officer in the Beastmaw Warband when it was created after the Earthfurys downfall.

Last notes:
I couldn't make the big green text appear, it is also around three in the night so I might just be too tired to get it working. Anyway, I hope you can work with this regardless.
Mar'sak is an old character concept from a few years ago, but fairly new in the game so certain elements of his development will still need to be worked on IC, but hey, whoever stops developing their characters on the way, right? :)

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Mar'sak
PostPosted: Aug 23rd, '14, 12:11 
Rat

We had Tawyn in TCG for a while. If I remember right, he left or was asked to leave when he wanted to take his character in a direction that was unacceptable to the guild. There was no drama. I think I was a bit disappointed that he was leaving.

Now, with that said. I am aware that my sociopath-NE has manage to stir up some OOC emotions in people before. So in-case you had a problem with me, I think its only fair to know that I played Sarama.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 29th, '14, 19:02 
Lieutenant

Heyo Mar'sak!
Thank you for your application, getting the officers together to look it over proper has been a bit tricky but we'll get back to you Asap!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 30th, '14, 17:08 
Lieutenant

And hello again!
You've been nudged to the IC meeting stage. Hit us up ingame and we'll get it set up. :)

OfflineProfile