It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 23:19

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Glinx
PostPosted: Nov 27th, '14, 20:44 

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Glinx Gleamshine

Character Race and Class::
Goblin Hunter

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Glinx is currently a deserter from the Horde army, so he needs a way to stay incognito whilst still maintaining the always necessary-for-a-Goblin income in a way that suits his skillset. After all, what’s a better place to hide out with than a big bad gang of dangerous mercenaries? He’d get really bored just holing up and doing nothing for the foreseeable future too, so the chance to get some work done would keep him happy.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
As a young goblin, Glinx came from a family of noted goblin engineers, their best known invention to date being an explosive cleaning agent. Tinkering was never Glinx’s real forté though, finding himself much more interested in goblin sports like footbomb and going on hunting trips. Growing up, he branched out from the family business into a well-known slaver company, before eventually starting up his own. His business was never huge, but it turned a decent profit and kept him happy.

When Deathwing destroyed Kezan, his business went up in smoke with it. After the Bilgewater Cartel joined the Horde, Glinx quickly realised that there was no business for slavers with his new allies, much to his dismay. Still, never the one to let something as simple as the obliteration of his home island get him down, Glinx decided to enlist in the army and put his skills in tracking and trapping to good use as a scout.

Things went well for a while, but Glinx caught on as Garrosh started going off the rails. Deciding to jump ship rather than hang around for the inevitable bloodshed that was going to arrive under the tyrant’s thumb, he skipped town and took refuge in Booty Bay for a long while. Whilst taking temp jobs with pirates from time to time, Glinx watched the downfall of Hellscream with a called-it smirk, but felt that his desertion would have him better served by continuing to lie low, lest he be still held culpable to his crime.

Never the less, the tedium of sailing seas with a band of pirates took its toll, particularly given his prone-ness to seasickness, so eventually he began investigating new business opportunities until the Blackguard’s name came up. Seeing them as the sort of group he was looking for, he set out to offer his services.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Glinx is an experienced and disciplined scout, his particular specialty being tracking and trapping humanoids. In addition, he also received some sniper training whilst serving, making him a decent shot at a distance.

Glinx is also practised in the science of pharmaceuticals: he often developed his own tranquilizers whilst working as a slaver, and expanded his interest to other drugs in his spare time. As a result, he’s effective at keeping people sedated whilst also being capable of inducing more elevated moods or states of confusion, though he’s not as practiced in those regards. The truth serum’s still a work in progress, however.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Glinx is perfectly open to the rest of the Horde. He used to think Blood Elfs were sissies, but he’s met enough by now to be less prejudiced.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
There may well be some members in the Horde who’d remember him as a deserter who he’s quite keen not to have to deal with. Being an ex-slaver also comes with some disputable meetings, particularly from people who weren't happy with his old practice.

As far as loyalties go, he’s not really tied down. He’s worked with a few pirate crews, but even then it’s unlikely they’d remember him that fondly with all the time he spent in his hammock hoping the walls of the room would stop spinning.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Glinx stared out over the jungle canopy, chomping on a cigar and enjoying the warm evening air that was lit up a bright orange by the setting sun. The comforting smell of the smoke from his cigar wafted on his nose, as he leant back into the hill he was resting on.

He’d been sitting there for about two hours now. Between the sounds of wild animals crawling through the jungles, the three smoked cigars at his side, and the flask of rum he’d all but finished, this was just the sort of evening he’d needed after a long, hard day at work.

A shrill yell came out from the jungle.

“One Footbomb, two footbomb, three footbomb…”

Then the flare followed suit. He pulled up his rifle, looking through the scope to get the measure of the distance from him and the flare, identifying which of his traps had been set off. Slinging his gun back on his back, he rolled up the blanket he'd been lying on and set out to go collect his runaway slave.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I’ve already played with the Blackguard as Salem the mopey death knight, so I know what a great bunch of people make up the guild. I’ve been aching to get my RP gear back on, and since Salem was something of a bust I’d like to try a new guy with a group I’ve already had fun with before.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
Still working on my maths degree; in the middle of my last year now. Outside of WoW, I’m also still fond of cooking, creative writing, poker, and various other video games with a nice emphasis on RPG's.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I've been roleplaying since I was about ten or so on a variety of sites, and I’ve been roleplaying on WoW on and off since I joined several years ago. I haven’t had a good opportunity to RP a goblin much before, but I’ve loved the race since they came out so I’m fairly up on their lore and personalities.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Glinx
PostPosted: Nov 28th, '14, 12:49 
Rat

Them deathknights. Harder to play in practice and more fun in theory, I learned the hard way as well :(

Anyway, nice to see you again. Looks like an interesting character and I know one of mine at least going to have to interrogate him about those pirate days. His faith in blood elves being sissies might be restored.

OfflineProfile