It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 18:21

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Urilmandir
PostPosted: Jan 30th, '15, 14:15 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Urilmandir, Knight of Acherus, Mercenary

Character Race and Class::
Blood Elf Death Knight

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Urilmandir wishes to join the Blackguard because he has heard of them on his many travels and odd jobs as a small-time mercenary. He wishes to find a group of like-minded individuals where the gold is good and with whom victories can be celebrated. There's strength in numbers, after all, and strength is quite important to a death knight.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
In life, Urilmandir's past is a mystery, and he doesn't much care. So, as a 3rd-gen Death Knight, He comes from the Plaguelands. Once the Lich King fell, Urilmandir wandered Azeroth without a purpose, but with an unsatiable curiosity. Work was found with a group of warlocks, the Felborn, and they contracted the dead elf for over a year... but his contract was rendered null after a dispute about personal freedom and basic rights, as well as the discovery of the Felborn's intent to join the Scourge.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Raise the dead, fight with a big sword, and quickly.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
He doesn't really care or judge. He feels an affinity to the Forsaken and feels most comfortable in their regions.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Enemies: The Scourge.
All ties to former guilds are severed as per contract agreement.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Urilmandir enjoys standing around and watching the living do what they do and live. He might end up acting out what he sees... later, if no one is watching. If their's a fight, Urilmandir has been known to cheer for the underdog. He'll often crack a joke or two, as he has developed what can be equated to a sense of humor, among his time spent with the living.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Blackguard sounds like good people to RP with. I've been looking for a mature, criminal/merc oriented guild for a while, now. Gritty and gruff is what I really really want to see more of in my game time.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I work as a Business Data Analyst with Infosys BPO Ltd.
I'm a painter and somewhat of a writer.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
Started out RPing with the Rotgarde on an alt, and really enjoyed the immersion. Have been RPing ever since, in any MMORPG

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Urilmandir
PostPosted: Jan 30th, '15, 20:21 
Rat

Hello!
I am not an officer in blackguard or any such like. I am just a curious member. I noticed that you are only level 65, which makes me wonder a few things.

Is the character new? If so, have you had a chance to try it out in RP or is it only a concept so far? Is it mainly an alt?

The reason I am wondering is because I consider myself an experienced role player, but when I tried to role play a DK the challenge became too great. Since they tend to be antisocial and disconnected from everything except you know, hurting, maiming and generally kill things. While RPing with people is pretty much the opposite to that.

Something that supports my theory of this is,
Quote:
Urilmandir enjoys standing around and watching the living do what they do and live.

There are many ways to RP this, and I am just wondering what your strategy is.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Feb 1st, '15, 19:37 
Applicant

My character is not new. It is my main. I have recently resubbed to WoW and have been levelling up to 90 so i can get WoD when my paycheck comes in :)

(tl;dr at the bottom)

I've had extensive experience in RP in several games, even in tabletop RPGs. My most enjoyable experiences were in WoW and Star Wars: Edge of the Empire.

Roleplaying a Death Knight can very well be difficult. It was no easy matter for me when I first tried, but I love the potential intriguing stories that can come from playing one just way too much. So I RPed and RPed with Uril, and I've developed a good style with him. Yes he is antisocial, but in order to enhance the efficiency with which he deals with his personal tasks or desires is by mimicry, but it is usually flawed. The need to hurt and kill things is sated quite often, whether through slaves, fighting, "interrogation," etc. He's not much of a talker, this is true, and like other DKs he is more of a "do-er."

Perhaps my choice of the word "enjoys" was in error; He "Does" this. He tries to adopt the things he observes others doing, sometimes to a catastrophic fault. Why, though? Well, he's been around for a long time. He's seen a lot of the world. This has affected his outlook on existence in several ways. After all, as the Moorish proverb goes, "he who does not travel does not know the value of man." It's also widely said that travelling broadens the mind, and Urilmandir's been EVERYWHERE. The outcome of this is a somewhat unique personality, much bewildering to most who have dealt with DKs before... as well as an odd sense of humor that is difficult not to see how obviously it is forced.

Why the travel? Well, take it from someone who knows first hand; if you've got nothing to do and money to make, you're going to want to move around a lot.

TL;DR
But yeah, under it all, he's your regular hurt-dealing sociopath death knight.
It's kind of easy for me, as I'm actually a tad antisocial and apathetic in nature, and I mimic other people myself in order to fit in so that life's generally easier... so i guess he does what I do, just on a more exaggerated level.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Feb 15th, '15, 06:48 
Lieutenant

Hey there Urilmandir!
Apologies for all the slow, RL and IC have both been various stages of busy lately!

I would like to thank you for the in-depth reply you offered my fellow guildie. :)
As it goes, your app's been bumped to the IC meeting stage! Hit any of ours up ingame and we can get it arranged.

OfflineProfile