It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 19:02

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Jaxrix
PostPosted: May 24th, '15, 19:22 

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Jaxrix Shadowcut

Character Race and Class::
Goblin Rogue

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
As a goblin, Jaxrix is naturally inclined towards gold-rich careers. He's already in the employ of Steamwheedle Cartel barons (but is of course open to expanding his sources of income). His employers are open to loaning him out. This company will be a means for Jaxrix to broaden his connections, wet his blades and expand his income. He chose it over other companies because he believes it's more compatible with his underhand and often bloody approach to work.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Jaxrix's father ran a usury operation out of a engineer's store. Jaxrix began working for him as a debt collector. Most of his training in shadow and blade came from other older members of the operation. Jaxrix eventually took control of the operations from his father. Fearing a coup from the older members who considered themselves more qualified, Jaxrix and his few loyalists pre-emptively murdered several of the operation's more seasoned members. Jaxrix wasn't ready for the tactical/managerial elements of his new position, and the reputation of the enterprise soon suffered.

As its reputation worsened, Jaxrix's few remaining staff turned on him. Enraged, he brokered a deal with the Steamwheedle Cartel. They would gain access to the company's customer base and a cut of the coin reserves, Jaxrix would get a job as an enforcer and, for his first job, assistance with the execution of those final employees who plotted against him. The deal went ahead without issue and ever since Jaxrix has been doing what he's best at; killing, debt collecting and stealing.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Jaxrix has received training in swordcraft and general fighting prowess from some high-end (expensive) affiliates of his father and the Steamwheedle Cartel. He's good with a blade, capable of moving unseen and eager to work for coin. He's also an adept engineer, although mostly in relation to combat-related gadgets.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
He's mostly indifferent. He is a little more wary of other goblins, for he knows what schemers they can be. He likes the way the undead in particular instill fear through acts of brutality and cannibalism.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Steamwheedle Cartel barons are his only long-standing loyalties. Jaxrix generally tries to deal with anyone he suspects might become an enemy.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Jaxrix saunters down the Booty Bay walkway before slowing to a stop outside the inn. He palms a bag of coin into the hands of a nearby bruiser with a knowing glance. He enters through the inn's rear door once the bruiser steps aside. Jaxrix greets the sole occupant of the rear room, a frail goblin hunched over a candle lit table, before taking a seat. He places a second, sizier bag on the table. The frail goblin smiles and the two begin to discuss business.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I think it suits this character. I like the guild thread making a point of referencing what literature helped shape the concept. And I think the concept itself is more interesting as a rendition of a merc company. Some other companies definitely seem too 'clean'. I'm also a big fan of RPiPVP, which this concept is very compatible with.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm a 21 y/o student. Films, airsoft, politics, going out and gaming are about my biggest hobbies. I go to the cinema about two or three times a week, and I've been gaming as far back as I can remember. I have a voracious appetite for news (esp. of the well-written, journalistic kind) and then being a (semi-ironic??) bleeding heart liberal.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I started roleplaying at some point in 2006 on Habbo Hotel (probably best known as the subject of a C4 piece where they called it the paedophile stronghold or something). Anyway, I was involved in some pretty unrealised Star Wars RP that I was never really involved in. It wasn't until I discovered its cousin, a Cosa Nostra RP, that I started roleplaying properly. The roleplay in that community was better than anything based in "the virtual online chat hub for teens" had a right to be. I stuck with that until late 2009, when I joined a San Andreas Multiplayer 'RP' server. I've probably put about 5000 hours into that since joining. I joined WOW again properly in 2013, not even for roleplay, but soon discovered the AD community. Since then I've been roleplaying on here in a variety of guilds.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Jaxrix
PostPosted: May 26th, '15, 14:05 
Lieutenant

Hey there Jaxrix, thank you for your application!

We've talked it over and decided to nudge you onwards to the IC meeting stage!
Give us a poke ingame and we'll get it set up.

OfflineProfile