It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 14:22

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Grim'jaw
PostPosted: Jul 4th, '15, 00:50 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Grim'jaw Fon'rir

Character Race and Class::
Troll Hunter

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Grim is not after gold specifically but also doesn't turn down a coin coming his way. He knows that money is needed to survive as much as water and flesh. The main reason for him to join Blackguard however, is the need for a 'pack'. Living with a very feral mindset, he's aware that life is easier with allies and being a Frost Troll has always made gaining those hard for him. As a group of misfits, Blackguard would be the kind of stray dogs he's been looking for. He has been doing head hunting jobs himself but also wants to aim for bigger prey which he cannot take on alone. Instead of an army, he would prefer the company of those that kill for their own reasons and not because they were commanded to. This is a mindset he can rely to in a way.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Born and raised in Zul'Drak, Grim was part of the Drakkari tribe in Northrend. Without any magical abilities or 'weak mojo' running through his veins, he took upon the part of a head hunter, often roaming the snowy mountains and forests of his homeland. There he developed a strong bond with the animals of the mountains - especially the wolves. He left his tribe after he had just become an adult, while he watched the scourge infest the members of his tribe. Further and further the Drakkari were pushed back until they had to hide in the very back of Zul'Drak. It was his respect for the loa that opened his eyes at his own tribe members betrayal for power.

Being a hunter, it was easy for him to survive in the forest and hide from his tribe members as well as the scourge - for now he was deemed a traitor. Knowing that there was nothing left for him in Zul'Drak, he ended up in a small horde base within the Grizzy Hills where he was allowed to join a group of mercenaries and wounded soldiers that were sent back to Azeroth. His goal was to find Vol'jin - of whom he heard many stories about within the Drakkari tribe. His victories and his actions along with his alliance with the horde. Upon arriving in Orgrimmar however, he was met with suspicion and denied to either meet Vol'jin or join the military.

Since then he started working as a mercenary. Killing for money and information while he began to travel Azeroth.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
- Grim is a very skilled archer and can fight with bows and guns alike.
- During his months alone in the snowy mountains he's also able to survive in the nature with no supplies provided whatsoever, which also allows him to be able to fight with claws and fangs if disarmed.
- He has a keen sense of smell and can track down targets or prey even if they have gained a great distance.
- With the proper supplies he learned to adjust his armor and smell to the environment in order to hide when an enemy/ target needs to be followed.
- He owns a small pack of wolves he tamed within Northrend and Azeroth and is able to use each of their strengths to his advantage in different situations.
[ for example, a white wolf to hide within the snow, etc ]
- He is a Shadow Hunter - now able to rely on the blessings of the loa to aid him in battle.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Being almost equally shunned by Trolls as well as other races, he quickly learned to drop any prejudges. Instead he decided to build his own opinion relying on different experiences he made with certain races. By now he only appears more suspicious towards Undead and Bloodelves. The Undead for their meddling with the forces of life and death and the Bloodelves for their experience in fighting trolls within their past wars. However, Grim would always look behind those suspicions when allied with said races.

He respects the Tauren's strong bond with nature and was impressed by the Orc's relentless warfare. Pandaren are still a bit of a mystery to him which he was not able to discover yet due to a lack of interactions with Pandaren.

Other Trolls are often avoided simply because his kind is rare and Grim has been reminded of it more than once. Being a Frost Troll has often caused bar fights with many jungle or forest Trolls - especially those loyal to Vol'jin. Therefore he doesn't bother joining a tribe and prefers the company of many different races in order to gain further knowledge about other races.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Every Drakkari Troll can be considered an old enemy. He had no friends nor a real family within the tribe and only experienced betrayal and corruption for which he would kill each Drakkari without batting an eyelash. This only applies to those that have remained fallen to corruption of course.

He has no old loyalties, only acquaintances he made during his different missions. Costumers that were satisfied with his work would hire him again until Grim would eventually venture to his next destination.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Grim rose his head into the air, mimicking the movements of the wolf, that was sitting by his side. His claw fell onto the canine's, big skull as he gave it a rough pat on the head. The creature replied to it with a low snort and shook itself proudly before Grim took another sniff of the air to take in the scent that was lingering there. "... Got'cha." He mumbled under his breath as he reached for his bow and an arrow. Silently he pulled the projectile back, patiently taking aim before the human target stumbled out of the bushes, heavy armor clanking against each stone.

Grim remained hidden, his white hair and grey fur making it possible to blend into his surroundings and take his time to aim for the small spot between his helmet and the breast plate. Beside him he could hear the wolf impatiently growling but that did not distract him. He waited for a few more seconds before he let go and heard the satisfying crack of his arrow piercing through the tip of a human spine.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Being only active in Troll Rp guilds during my past, I've been lacking interactions with other races and their lore. With this character I wanted this to change and looked for a specifically non-military mercenary guild in which my character could make allies without being restrained by military rules and orders.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm a 22 year old student and hobby designer. I'm a great fan of roleplay in general and often spend hours writing. Aside from that I also enjoy frequently working out and drawing whenever I find the time to do so. My career is very important to me, which is why I take my studies very seriously ( with a healthy portion of being lazy of course) and sometimes just spend half the day watching TV shows or other kinds of series. I also highly enjoy reading thriller and psycho-thriller books of authors like Dan Wells or Poppy Z. Brite

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I started roleplaying back in BC when I was roaming the WoW roleplay forums for the first time. I applied for a Guild Promotion and created a character on a new server with the sole purpose of roleplay.Before that, I played on a normal server and wanted to slap myself for missing out on RP for such a long time. I spend six amazing months with this guild, met amazing people and had a lot of fun getting into WoW roleplay. With the beginning of WoTL I stopped playing for two years and went for forum roleplays instead until I returned to the game thanks to a classmate.

I went straight for a RP server this time and tried out different characters until I eventually found one I am most comfortable with. Currently I'm still roleplaying on tumblr aside from WoW.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Grim'jaw
PostPosted: Jul 5th, '15, 16:33 
Lieutenant

Hey there Grim'jaw!

Thank you for your application, we've chatted it over and decided to nudge you onwards to the IC meeting stage!

Give us a nudge ingame and we'll get it set up.

OfflineProfile