It is currently Apr 28th, '24, 06:11

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Velaal
PostPosted: Jul 13th, '15, 08:22 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Velaal Zenaeici

Character Race and Class::
Blood elf rogue

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
She grew up being bullied and excluded by the other elves because of things she could not control. Now she wishes to prove to herself and everyone else that she is not just someone you can push however you like.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Velaal was born in Silvermoon to a rich couple. Before she was born her parents had given birth to one boy and they were now planning to get a daughter because they wanted to have one son and one daughter for diversity and to look good. While her mother was pregnant they spent alot of gold in spells and such to ensure this child would indeed become a girl however once the child was born it came out a boy. Father was furious, all the gold he spent was in vain, however he was not one to give up... He contacted a warlock to transform the child into a girl and the warlock agreed to do what he could. A ritual was conducted on Velaal which made her look just like a girl, except she still had her male sex.

Father finally gave up and let her live as she was though he was constantly being resentful towards the freak that was her daughter. In school she was getting bullied by the other kids for being different and was often beat up or teased. Her mother was terribly worried and sorry for her though she could not protect her, she decided to secretly give her lessons in sword fighting from a highly skilled rogue even though she knew father would not allow it. Velaal proved to be a natural talent, maybe for all the fighting and hiding she had done in her younger years and quickly became a fair swordsman.

One day her father found out what she had been up to and he had always looked down upon "fighters" but even worse he thought of the cowardly rogues. He felt betrayed and angry that he had given this freak a second chance at life and this is what she did with it. He exiled her from the family and forced her to live out on the streets, robbing, stealing and occasionally assassinating to survive.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
As previously mentioned, she is a very skilled swordsman, specializing in theft and assassination. She is very fast and agile, aiming for the weak spots rather than beating someone to a pulp.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Neutral towards most races, except the blood elves which she views with contempt for their often elitist behaviour.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Though she has one or two friends here, she mostly has enemies. Living her life as an outlaw caused most of Silvermoon to frown upon her.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Hanging about, stalking, seeing where she can earn some coin then acting upon it.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Looking for some more interactive roleplaying, making some friends, maybe improve my writing skills a little bit but in general I just want to have fun.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm a student. I like to play video games.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I'm quite new to all of it, this being my second character and my first one only having less than 5 hours play time on it.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Velaal
PostPosted: Jul 23rd, '15, 12:29 
Lieutenant

Hey there Velaal, thank you for your application, and apologies for the slow reply.

We've talked it over and unfortunately we don't feel that the character would be a good fit for the guild right now. Good luck in future with RP!

OfflineProfile