It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 15:10

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

PostPosted: Aug 4th, '15, 19:56 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Shadow Hunter Bom'bei

Character Race and Class::
Troll Rogue

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
After living, hunting, and training alone for these past few years, she has finally come to realise that a little company might not be so bad. She does prefer to do her own thing in regards to hunting, tracking, camping etc. but she has no real problems with working as part of a team .. as long as the team doesn't slow her down!

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Bom'bei is a Gurubashi Troll, hailing from deep within the jungles of Stranglethorn. When her tribe turned to their false gods and began to exploit the true Loa, Bom'bei left while she still could, outraged by these blasphemous ways. Still just a trainee rogue, her absence wasn't noticed, thankfully. She began to travel across the jungles alone, teaching herself skills of tracking, hunting, scouting, and, when necessary, hiding. Leaving the jungle after a year, Bom'bei took a few head-hunting jobs across Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Now, she has taken to embrace the worship of Loa, and she has just begun the path of the Shadow Hunter. She is a young adult, and still has much to learn.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Bom'bei is incredibly skilled as a scout and assassin. Her daggers are enhanced with poison-based voodoo, granting her quick success in a kill almost every time. She is very good at tracking, using every sense she has to follow a person or creature to the ends of the world, if she has to. She has a strong sense of smell and hearing, making her very difficult to sneak up on.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Bom'bei is a very traditional Troll, and so, is very biased towards her own race. She doesn't necessarily LIKE the other races, and she doesn't care for this faction war at all. However, if she is required to work with other races, she will grit her teeth and press on. She has a particular distaste for elves of all kinds.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Bom'bei is sure that she has made a few enemies in her lifetime, but she is quick to eliminate them, or at least knock them down a peg, if they make their distaste known too often. She currently has no real loyalties but to herself and the Loa.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
The fog was thick, looming over the marshland, obstructing the view of any creature that might be lurking about. It was a bit of an annoyance, but Bom'bei viewed it as more of an opportunity. Her target, a middle-aged male Orc, sat just up ahead by his camp. She was being paid to eliminate him - she did not ask why, she did not care. It was just another soul to sacrifice to Bwonsamdi. Her feet pressed silently against the damp, softened ground as she approached, her body crouched down as low as possible without impairing her movement. The orc was alone, Bom'bei knew that. She'd been following him for days. Only one dagger was needed. As she drew closer, still unnoticed, she could feel the heat of the fire the orc had made. She stood upright, right behind him, and watched him for a moment. She was always so proud of her handiwork. In less than a minute, everything this target had ever achieved, everything he had ever hoped to achieve, would be nothing but a pool of crimson at her feet. The idea caused her to grin behind her Rush'Kah mask, before a hand came down to cover his mouth, while her other hand easily slid the dagger across his throat. Even if she happened to slice incorrectly, the poison in his system was fast-working and lethal. He'd be dead within a minute. Then she'd take an ear of his as a trophy, raid his camp, and return to collect her payment. For now, the smell of fresh blood and cold wind as the body fell to the floor was enough to sustain her.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I prefer to roleplay in a group setting, rather than just with random people here and there in RP hubs and such. That can be fun too, but I like to develop relationships between my character and others, so we can develop our story lines and character personalities together. And this guild was suggested to me. I was told it was a lot of fun.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm twenty-two, currently a college student, studying to become a teacher. ^^ I live in Ireland, but I'd love to travel the world some day. For hobbies, I play video games, read poetry, I do a little drawing(I mean, I'm not good at it, but I enjoy it.) I also love anime, manga, and metal music! I'd like to think I'm doing pretty well for myself.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I've been roleplaying in general for about six years now, through a series of websites/games. I do most of my non-WoW roleplay on Tumblr. I tend to be better at playing female characters, but I do have male characters who I enjoy to roleplay, too. ^^ I've been playing WoW since the beginning of Mists of Pandaria, and have been roleplaying in-game since that time, too. ^^

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 6th, '15, 00:11 
Lieutenant

Hoy there Bom'bei!

Thank you for the application, we'll get back to you very soon. :)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 6th, '15, 00:38 
Rat

Hello,

I dont know if you remember, but we have RPed togheter once before. I was playing Miraei. I am not an officer, just a normal member. But I do have something I am wondering about.

You write that Bombei is a young adult with much to learn. That leads me to believe the character is a bit inexperienced with room to improve her ways of fighting. But in the description of her skills, it's described that she is quite adept at killing people, tracking and stealth detection. The daggers seem to be enough to "one-shot" enemies. While I think useful characters are better than useless characters, especially in a mercenary outfit, it feels like there might be a potential clash with the character's age and the power level she has.

Being really good at those 3 skills I think can be explained partly by her jungle days. But I would like you to elaborate how you will handle the enchanted daggers in events or RP situations where a GM might not allow you to kill things as fast.

As it comes to the much more to learn bit, is this aimed at general life knowledge?

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 6th, '15, 13:24 
Rat

Hello! I vaguely recognise your name, but I can quite place it, I'm sorry!

By having much to learn, I meant as a Shadow Hunter, since I mentioned that she has just begun to learn about all that goes with becoming one. In general knowledge too, I suppose. She can't know EVERYTHING after all. (:

As for the poison weapons thing, she doesn't have them poisoned all the time. Only when necessary for an assassination or a head-hunting job. In not all day-to-day cases (events and that sort of thing), her daggers wouldn't have anything special about them. The only case where poison might still linger would be if she's just returned from a job that needed a quick solution.

Hope that clears it up!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 6th, '15, 13:29 
Rat

Oh, sorry, I missed one part! As for the skillset thing, she's by no means an overpowered character. She just has her specific skills that she's practiced and is good at. Obviously she could be better, even with these kills of hers, so she's not a master of stealth it anything like that. She just goes by her instincts and learns to adapt to her environment.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 8th, '15, 02:10 
Lieutenant

Hoy again Bom'bei!

You've been nudged to the IC meeting stage, throw us a poke and we'll sort it out. :)

OfflineProfile