It is currently Apr 28th, '24, 22:08

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Nazleq
PostPosted: Aug 20th, '15, 02:47 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Nazleq "Nazzle" Gizmobub

Character Race and Class::
Goblin Tinker

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Ah, gold! Orcish honor, elven magic, pillars of each respective society! Of course, every society has a pillar solely devoted to the shiny currency from which we produce our greatest progress; gold! Be it the case of Goblin society, well, it mostly consists of that one lonely pillar. Which means you need more gold than other societies. In fact, you need all the gold. Now, Nazleq is a Goblin like most other green short-folk. Only, he's desperately in dept. When his Uncle Marley spoke of a job in Pandaria and this so-called Blackguard group, Nazzle thought it just the time to ditch his angry boss in Gadgetzan and pursue a way to clear his dept, and become rich all the same!

... and furthermore, avoid the wrath of said angry boss.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Nazleq's birth was entirely non-explosive. Which, if we're being frank, is really considered a terrible birth by Gadgetzan standards - at least a single stick of dynamite could've gone off, but no, that was not the case. Uneventful seemed to be a sitting theme for the Goblin, as his parents were so busy taking care of their fourteen other kids, that he was neglected to a toolbox and all the curiosity a child could posses. By the time he grew to his mid teens, the number of kids his parents had to make due with had drastically lowered to the number of eight, including him. They were relieved, really!

This meant of course that they had time to realise that, whoops, Nazleq was right there and had been there for all these years. Ain't a Goblin in his teens that shouldn't be contributing, and as such, Nazleq found himself in the Gadgetzan Engineering Academy. After failing the final text three years in a row, he accidentally blew up his examinators on the fourth, and was unanimously voted able as engineer, if only for the teachers to finally be rid of his idiocy.

See, the problem with engineering learned through childish imagination is that schematics are oft for pretty pictures alone. Yet, what Nazleq lacks in engineer know-how, he makes up for in ingenious improvisation. There's always some form of far-fetched technological and wondrous solution to the most sticky of situations, and be it the case one of his unlikely contraptions doesn't give him a way out, his luck usually provides him with one.

That was a trait recognized by his future boss, who set him to work gathering dangerous materials and remarkable relics in the deserts of Tanaris and Thousand Needles. The naive Nazleq gladly trotted off on adventure, funded by his boss. Only every time he would return, he would owe his boss for all the extra expenses, and need be off on another adventure.

Until today!

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Mister Makeshift himself comes with a variety of gadgets, qualities and skills!
- Ranged Support through stationary turrets, missile launchers, explosives and a lot of positive words.
- Electrical Justice, through the always faithful ZAPFLOWER V.8. It shoots lightning! Most of the time!
- Plan B, Plan C AND Plan D! When all your things combust, you really have to come prepared.
- Basic Engineering knowledge. Repairs, rebuilds, righty tighty, lefty loosey. Check!
- A remarkably loyal Goblin, even if his skillset is highly unreliable.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
The Steamwheedle Cartel is known for their neutral status amongst all the races of Azeroth. Ain't a tavern in Steamwheedle that doesn't host the most odd mix of people! Nazleq's alignment leans towards the Horde as a result of an unquenchable thirst for Orcish grog. It's not that he doesn't like the Alliance, it's just that they don't have Orcish grog. Because they're not Orcish. However, Orcs are Orcish, and so is their grog. D-licious!

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Nazleq's procured himself a couple of enemies in his adventuring time. Lowgazz "Pipeleak" Widgefit from the Venture Co. has been and remains his rival in relic-hunting since his very first expedition. The two share a love/hate relationship, their adventurous endeavors often crossing paths - always resulting in a dangerous competition of "who-gets-the-artifact-first." Which, in all reality, turns into a very realistic game of "don't touch the lava," where both parties are offered a three meter long poking stick. With spikes.

However, Nazleq's true enemy is his dept. Not a single Steamwheedle shop that'll open up to him, not a welcoming voice in Gadgetzan until he pays up. Even his own mother told him he won't get any of her homemade cookies, until he paid his dept - and she's really good at making cookies. You have no idea.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Upon exiting the Wyvern's Tail after a supply trip to Orgrimmar, the little scraggy Tinker found himself with a half-EMPTY mug of grog. "Can ya believe it? Eighty copper for a dang-blasted mug of grog!" he barked down at his trusty bombling, Plan B. "No, I mean, uh -- of course you can't, you're a machine without even a simple trace of artificial intelligence, but... what I mean to say, is that... if you did have the ability to believe me, you wouldn't, because it's so ridiculo--..." Nazleq only stopped yapping to drink from his grog. One long, long swig ended the relatively short drink.

"And he made me buy half for a third the price!!" he whined, as he lobbed the empty mug across the dusty Durotar ground. The bombling offered no resposne beyond its faithful ticking, and Nazleq let go of a loud frustrated sigh. Seated on the edge of the stairs, the Goblin mumbled as his contraption rolled down the stairs and eventually arrived at his feet. Silent, the Goblin dedicated his next thoughts to three things.

Getting money enough to buy a full mug of grog from a tavern.
Somehow figuring out how to make those money.
Rocket-powered murlocs.

The thought of an airborne army of "mrggghrlrghl" ended as he passed the noteboard in the valley. There, on the board, hung a bounty on an overgrown Trogg causing commotion in the Azshara mines. Thirty silver's bounty. He yanked the poster from the board and crumbled it together, stashing it away in his overalls.

"It's a start."

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Comes recommended from a good friend, and I've sought a guild in which I could feel comfortable for a while. I had the pleasure of working with the Blackguard before on my other Goblin, Razlow, during the Iron Horde Invasion event! Was a great and fun experience, and I'd love to have more like it!

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm Patrick, twenty and just about to get started with university! I've always enjoyed storytelling, acting and fantasy - be it from the playground to the musicals of schools, or eventually the role playing scene. I work a simple job in a super market to finance living out, and hobbies consists of gaming and drawing. Oh, and nachos. I like nachos.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
"me like trolls too" was the first thing my level 4 Troll named Mystic said to a couple of venturing Blood Elves, visiting the valley of trials on The Sha'tar. This was back during the initial release of the server, as I gave role playing my first try in The Burning Crusade. I fell in love with it instantly. Since then I've had many characters of vastly different styles, both on Horde and on Alliance. I've grown a love for all the races, and Azeroth has become a fantastic place to lose myself in. One year ago I moved to Argent Dawn, and ever since have I been absolutely enjoying the server and what it has to give. There's been no limit to the fun I've had RP'ing here, and I'd be more than happy to continue having fun with you good folks!

OfflineProfile