It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 16:40

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Therus
PostPosted: Mar 21st, '16, 19:47 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Therus Bannestan, Sellsword.

Character Race and Class::
Undead Warrior.

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Therus is a fairly 'new' Forsaken. After his death he set out to travel, undeath freeing him from knightly duties that bore down on him in life. He joined the Familiars of Fate, a group dedicated to relic hunting. After a lengthy campaign through the Eastern Kingdoms, and a large chunk of Kalimdor they hit Orgrimmar, and Therus left their company. As much as the group allowed him to see the vast wonders of Azeroth, they just weren't his style. He walked miles and miles, listening to speak of trivial nonsense and just six (IC) months in, he was fed up. He seeks those who share a likeminded view of the world, not knights, not simple adventurers who couldn't light a fire if they had oil in one hand and a lighter in the other. In short, Therus seeks kinship in a group which he'd be proud to call himself a part of, and fight for.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Therus started out as my original Human on Argent Dawn. He grew up in Arathi and was your typical golden child, winning tournies, handsome, and loved the attention he got from the ladies until his family was attacked upon the road towards the Thandol Span by a band of Forsaken raiders. His family was killed not a few hundred yards away from the safety of the wetlands, and he would've been killed too, if he hadn't of played dead, still wounded he was dragged from the scene of the massacre by a patroller of the Span, Thranar Stonebeard, a Dwarf who nursed him back to health and stayed with him whilst he grieved for his family. Finally, he headed on his way, although changed. His hatred for undeath burning. For a couple of years he hung around southern towns, sometimes visiting Stormwind as a sellsword, much like he is now. Taking any job which allowed him to deal damage to the undead, whether it be scourge remnants, straying rotters or the Forsaken, they were all the same to him. In time he joined a company under the leadership of the House of Tarsias, a Gilnean loyalist family who had been known to venture deep into the north. He signed up without a second thought, his instincts telling him of how many bonebags would fall under his blade if he were up on the front lines with a company at his back, but this only lasted for so long. A few months into a campaign the Tarsians went through to destroy a batch of the Forsaken-manufactured plague, they were outnumbered on all accounts, as the rest of the company retreated back to safety, Therus stayed, his hot head clearly getting the best of him in that moment before it was all over, no matter how good a swordsman, nobody could have fought the numbers which charged him, as bravely as he charged back, he was cut down all too quickly - And now we are here, Therus, raised into undeath. He has had time to acclimatize to his ironic situation, though he still holds bottled up malice for his brothers and sisters in undeath due to their history.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
With Therus you'd get a fighter, above all else. He wields a crude two-handed sword with vicious intent when put against those who'd seek to do harm against his allies. He is also a survivalist, he knows how to make a fire, skin a rabbit and hunt with his crossbow. As an undead man, these things are useless to him alone, but he's more than willing to hunt, skin and cook for traveling companions.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
As mentioned previously, Therus still has a bone to pick with his own race, the Forsaken, but he does that on his own time, mostly infront of a mirror, or sneaking out in the night to end some rotbrains, anything he can do to make himself feel better about what he is.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Previously loyal to House of Tarsias (Alliance guild) a few friends in the Familiars of Fate (Horde). Singular individuals such as Thranar Stonebeard, Thenrol Chibbins, a few sellswords he's worked jobs with in the past. No real rivals or enemies since his rebirth.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Therus pulls himself up out of his chair, the floorboards beneath his plated, boney feet creaking so much it'd seem as if they were threatening to snap completely as he shuffles himself towards the wall where Sandra, his hand-made mess of a sword lay dormant before he wraps his grotesque fingers around the decaying hilt before exhaling needlessly through his well-preserved nose and making his way down the stairs of this abandoned house, now only used as a snack for termites and the like. On his way down the stairs he glances the reflection of his yellow, glowing eyes on the wall and comes to a halt, silently staring at the dusty remnants of a mirror, only to find the decaying shell of what he once was looking right back at him. Shaking his head in a hopeless protest to what he'd become, his neutral expression remaining, unable to express his feelings visually due to his metallic lower jaw. He wipes the dust off of the mirror and looks at it's clear surface for a few moments, his head tilted in contemplation before he finally balls his rotten fist and hammers it down on the glass, instantly shattering it. "Don't need to remind me" he utters to himself before throwing Sandra over his back and making his way out into the dark, Tirisfal woods.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Simple, really. Heard good things about you guys. I don't see your guild in hubs, which is generally a good sign as I myself want to be out in varied locations for my RP, being stuck in Silvermoon or Orgrimmar just sounds horrible.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
Not much to tell. I play guitar, practice editing phogographs and enjoy a few other games such as SWTOR. I have been a world of warcraft player for the past nine years and my love for it's lore and characters is still strong to this day, rather new on Argent Dawn, though. I used to be on Darkmoon Faire until it died, and now I've come here looking for roleplay, and to make a few friends on the way. I'm 20 and work as a pretty shitty part-time receptionist. Anything you want to know just hit me up, I'm an open book.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I first discovered RP on WoW when I first began back during TBC. Of course, my young self then never really grasped the idea of RP, or why people did it, so for a few more years I'd just leave them to do their thing, and I'd go off and raid or PvP. I only started -seriously- RP'ing when I joined Star Wars: The Old Republic's RP server to play with a friend, which was about four years ago now. Since then I've RP'd on both Warcraft and Star Wars pretty equally, recently I've decided to leave Star Wars due to the fact the content they're pumping out is pure shit, but that's another story. I've roleplayed bakers, guards, kidnappers, travelers, Sith Lords, Imperial agents, Jedi, you name it. I like to think I'm rather good, not amazing. You won't be getting 5000 word emotes from me all the time, and sometimes Therus may be quiet as my character follows a "Say something if it's worth saying" belief, and he's a man who enjoys his private reflection time. I've both ran a guild, and been an officer in a guild on SWTOR. One of which you can see by going to - Impcoalition.enjin.com - Basically, I'm a decent roleplayer who knows all of the do's and don'ts of roleplay, and I can be a bit of a weirdo.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Therus
PostPosted: Mar 22nd, '16, 13:28 
Lieutenant

Hey there Therus! Thank you for your application.
As a general heads up the guild's currently in the last week of a month-long campaign, and the prep for the finale is eating up my time somewhat. BUT I'll have words with my fellow officers and we'll get back to you asap!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Mar 28th, '16, 05:08 
Lieutenant

Hoy again, you've been bumped to the IC Meeting stage!
Give us a nudge ingame and we'll get it set up.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Apr 1st, '16, 07:50 
Applicant

app withdrawn

OfflineProfile