It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 18:03

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Holtzer
PostPosted: Apr 27th, '16, 18:49 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Martin Holtzer

Character Race and Class::
Undead Rogue

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Holtzer just about qualifies as a member of Forsaken high society. He has the look; fine silk garments, pungent perfumes and a practised well-to-do accent but, he needs a means of funding the lifestyle. In order to keep up the facade that he came from money, he needs regular work (and this is the only work he knows). He'll insist it's more a hobby though.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Martin "Holtz" Holtzer grew up in the squalid streets of a Lordaeron port town. His parents were homeless beggars and thieves - and that too became his first profession. As a teenager, he became involved with a cutthroat gang of robbers who targeted shipwrecked merchant vessels between running extortion schemes in the town's market square. Holtzer learnt to become quick on his feet and quick with a blade.

He was killed by The Scourge while attempting to loot an abandoned town strip. Once risen as a Forsaken, he saw an opportunity to reinvent himself. He loitered in the woods for some days, killing the first better dressed undead straggler that stumbled upon him. With their attire his, he's been marketing himself as a privileged high society hitman ever since.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Beyond the racial attributes of dead (lacking hunger, fatigue and fear), Holtzer is a good fighter who is accustomed to sneaking around and striking when the odds are in his favour.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Although he pompously considers himself to be superior to most other races, he is polite and cooperative (if a little patronising). Ultimately he's an opportunistic mercenary, and he knows better than to let personal beliefs interfere with the money.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Holtzer broke off most of his old contacts upon being risen. However he has an old criminal acquittance who has been risen to become a Deathstalker.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Holtzer pulls a leather flask free his belt and thumbs the cap open. He swigs the contents, a malodorous green liquid, before returning it to his belt. Through the fog, two slender silhouettes grow closer. Holtzer rests one hand on his holstered flintlock pistol. His other tips his hat to the undead as they come into view.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I know that the guild contains good roleplayers and has a recruitment process to ensure as much. I like the inspirations and influences behind the guild, particularly the outlaw aspect informed by HS Thompson's writing. I like guilds that feature multiple races because I think the relationships between races adds another interesting dynamic to roleplay. Lastly, I have a character who I think will be a good fit for the guild.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I actually joined The Blackguard on a goblin character way back last year, but decided to leave because it was my only level 100 at the time and I wanted to pursue more RP-PVP-orientated guilds. I now have two level 100 rogues and, as such, this is no longer an issue.

I'm a 22 year old British guy. I'm a film, politics and gaming (obviously) junkie. Most of my gaming time is split between WOW and Team Fortress 2, but my favourite titles remain TES: Morrowind and Diablo II.

I graduated uni last year and will be returning in September for a two year postgrad.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I've been roleplaying since 2008 and almost continuously since 2010. I've played here and elsewhere, as everything from LCN mobsters to police officers, correctional officers, undead footsoldiers and maniacal gnomes. My history of characters is a diverse one and I try to build on past experiences when creating new characters.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Holtzer
PostPosted: Apr 27th, '16, 21:03 
Lieutenant

Holtzer wrote:
my favourite titles remain TES: Morrowind

Yesss.

I mean, hello! Thank you for your application, we'll get back to you soon as I can nudge my fellow officers!

If you don't mind me asking, what was the name of the goblin you joined as, back then?

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Apr 28th, '16, 20:10 
Rat

I joined on Jaxrix - whose application is still on this page (just checked :p).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=199

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: May 3rd, '16, 05:31 
Lieutenant

Heyo again, you've been bumped to the IC meeting stage!
My availability in the evenings might fluctuate this week as I've promised some time away for Overwatch beta-ing with a friend, but give us a nudge ingame and we'll try get it set up asap!

OfflineProfile