It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 18:50

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Bollthorn
PostPosted: Jun 20th, '16, 06:47 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Talice Dawnscream

Character Race and Class::
Blood Elf Warrior

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
She is a disgraced soldier of her people. She has no home or family to return to. So why not throw in her lot with a group of fellow outcasts?

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Growing up in Silvermoon as part of one of the many noble families, the pressure was mounted upon Talice from an early age. As the middle child of her siblings, she never received the praise that was lavished upon their eldest son, or the love that was doted upon her baby sister, the jewel of her father's eye. She had never had it as easily as they had. And her efforts to appease her parents were always "satisfactory" at best, though if any of them were to fail she was always punished the harshest.

She threw herself into her studies to try and prove her worth, trying to learn the history of her people, the threats that faced them, the heroes and villains that had brought them glory and shame alike. And though she struggled due to lack of moral support from home and the subsequent feelings of isolation and the rage she kept bottled up, she was always cheerful and kind around her friends, simply because she did not wish to see anyone endure the same misery that she did on a day to day basis.

When her studies were complete, she even enlisted in the ranks of the hallowed Blood Knights to prove her worth. She proved to be an efficient enough soldier, though the pot of rage that she had bubbled away for all those years made it hard for her to focus and to take orders at times. Often she was punished, disciplined and the like, but still she tried. She never gave up, or backed down. She did discover however that she was naturally skilled at the forge, as she often assisted the blacksmith forging the various arms and weaponry for her order.

Then, the Scourge came. She had fought with her brothers and sisters of the Blood Knights to defend the city, but her recklessness and unleashed fury caused her to break rank and abandon her unit. She fought tooth and nail, screaming her rage and anger to the sky as she hacked and cut down her oncoming foes. Such was her rage that she even threw away her clumsy shield and she picked up a pair of the heaviest weapons she could find, and she wielded them with ease, her strength fueled by her rage. But eventually, she heard the orders to fall back, and she withdrew back to her unit, only to find them dead, the Scourge feasting upon their remains. Her recklessness had cost them their lives, and she retreated back into the city with the others as the situation became more hopeless.

In the aftermath of the battle, she was court-martialed for her incompetence and recklessness that had cost the lives of so many. She received a dishonorable discharge and returned home to the fury and scorn of her father, who may as well have laid the blame of the fate of the city itself upon her head. And then, she finally lost her grip on her anger, and with a red mist over her eyes, she assaulted her father until he wheezed for air and spat blood and teeth, his face so swollen he was unrecognisable. She denounced the family name and spat in his face before she fled her home, never looking back.

In the years that followed, she traveled the lands, offering her services as a blacksmith wherever she could find the work. With the coming of the Horde, she eventually travelled to the lands of Durotar, and she settled there, crafting armaments for the Horde she found herself a part of. She was mocked and ridiculed by many of her contemporaries, though they soon discovered Talice Dawnscream was not one to suffer insult and mockery lightly. To this day, she is still kind, cheerful, and respectful to those who show it to her in kind, but her seething rage is never too far from the surface.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Talice is a fearless fighter, not afraid to stand toe-to-toe with any foe. She is very muscular for a Blood Elf female, and so she brings an explosive strength, though in her calmer moments she can offer wisdom, advice and counsel. Her natural feminine charms can help sway a debate in her favor, and she is certainly not above using them. She can craft and maintain weapons and armour given access to a forge, and if she is shown respect and her efforts are noted, she will be a fiercely loyal friend.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Given her experiences, she's learned to accept that no matter the race, there are good people, and there are arseholes. Though she still has a few hangups about certain races:

Orcs - Always loud, eager to boast challenges and throw their weight around and prove to everyone they have the biggest manhood. But once you earn their respect, you have a friend for life, and you could not ask for a better ally in a fight.

Trolls - Some can be quite lecherous at times, and some of their Voodoo and Loa magics can lean too close to dark magic for her comfort at times. But their viciousness and cunning is unmatched when it's time to get serious. Plus, many of them are funny and entertaining to be around.

Tauren - Gentle giants. A noble people with good hearts, good intentions, and a wisdom and knowledge that everyone could benefit from. Very rarely met a Tauren she didn't like. Always polite, always respectful.

Forsaken - Though relations between the Forsaken and the Sindori have always been good due to Lady Sylvanas, she can find their brazen pragmatism distasteful at best, and a desecration at worst. Willing to work with them, though would be a little wary until trust is earned.

Blood Elves - Living in Durotar for so long, working in the smouldering hot forges and earning a living from the sweat of her own brow, has left something of a bitter taste in her mouth in regards to her own people, thinking about their pampered lifestyles and lofty arrogance. Though she will always welcome her kin face-to-face, hoping that perhaps they will prove themselves to be anything other than privileged and spoilt Lord and Lady types with an over-inflated sense of their own self-importance, though they are few and far between.

Goblins - Provided they don't try to sell her something, offer to tinker with her stuff, try to steal from her, try to trick her out of money, try to con her, lie to her, cheat her out of anything, try and blow her up, sell her something that will blow her up, and preferably NOT be completely irritating and show some level of competence and/or sanity, she has no issue with them.

Pandaren - Like the Tauren, noble, wise, knowledgable, respectful, polite, gentle, sweet... and cuddly.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Lord Melethar Brightdawn - Talice's father. Still despises him to this day, and still convinced that he will someday send his royal guards and/or mercenaries to bring her home to punish her for leaving the family.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Talice swings around and grabs her axes upon realizing they are under attack. She sprints toward the fray, her eyes quickly scanning the scene before her, trying to identify the most immediate threats. She sees <insert caster/healer here> about to be flanked, and she lets out a roar as she leaps to his/her defence, slamming both of her axes into <insert enemy>, blood spurting from their wounds in great arcs.

(If you'd prefer more specific examples, let me know)

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I'd like to join a good AD RP guild. I had a lot of fun RPing with and fighting alongside you guys during the Kasarang campaign. And my guild leader is in your ranks, so if he says you're good, I'm not gonna argue :D

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm 33 years old and I live in the north east of England. I'm currently unemployed, but thinking about retraining into another career, possibly in computers. My hobbies include gaming, movies, cinema trips, tabletop RPG's, music, history, mythology, folk singing, LARPing, reading, writing, comics, and the Warhammer 40k models.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
Played in a few LARPs around the UK, Maelstrom, Empire, Mystwood, and Cities in Darkness (Vampire: The Requiem mostly)

I've played tabletop games since I was about 15/16, and those include Call of Cthulhu, D&D (3.5 and 5th Ed), Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Traveller, Vampire the Requiem, Werewolf, and Changeling,

I've been RPing on WoW ever since TBC for both Alliance and Horde. Main RP these days is with the Beastmaw Warband on Steamwheedle Cartel.

"... Because I drink a lot."

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Bollthorn
PostPosted: Jun 20th, '16, 14:20 
Lieutenant

Hey there Bollthorn!

Thanks for your application, we'll get back to you soon as I can wrangle up my fellow officers.
If you don't mind me asking; assuming you're another Beastmaw, which'un were you in Krasarang?

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 20th, '16, 17:56 
Rat

You remember Thisylis /Lissy? The cute little Goblin Shaman healer with the turquoise pigtails with a heart of gold who loved to hug everyone? That was me ^_^

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 21st, '16, 08:11 
Rat

I remember the cute goblin! <3

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 21st, '16, 13:25 
Rat

Fajou wrote:
I remember the cute goblin! <3

She remembers you guys too ^-^

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 22nd, '16, 16:44 
Lieutenant

Hoy again! You dun gone bumped to the IC meeting stage! Give us a nudge ingame and we'll get it set up!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 23rd, '16, 04:27 
Rat

Awesome!! :) You should hear from me sometime tomorrow. Well, today... You know what I mean :-P

OfflineProfile