It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 23:58

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Lars
PostPosted: Aug 10th, '16, 18:06 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Lars Saharov

Character Race and Class::
Forsaken Rogue (Mechanic)

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Himself, and Steelbreaker, are looking where they can fit in with the Horde (and since they already had a sour experience with horde military, they are looking for other ways to fit in).

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Lars was born in Stormwind City, has 3 brothers (currently all are Forsaken). He grew up with his childhood friend Victor (aka Steelbreaker). When they were 18, first war broke out, and they fled to Lordaeron. Lars slowly studies science and engineering, as well as training in combat with his friend, who trains in blacksmithing. During the Third War, the duo escape to Theramore, and later join the army. Steelbreaker dies, and gets raised as a Death Knight. Lars slowly rises through ranks to an officer. Eventually, Victor kills Lars while under LK's control, however many years later, on his free will, resurrects Lars by implanting his soul into a fresh corpse with the aid of the Brotherhood (Wheel of Entropy guild). He has since adapted to the new body and continued to practice engineering. Recently, him and Victor have broke away from the Brotherhood and seek to find their place (wherever it may be)

P.S. I have taken the char over from someone who had no interest in playing him any more, so my involvement happened from the point where he gets resurrected. The history prior to that was not written by me.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
He is a decent marksman, and up close can fight with a sword and dagger. He is quite adept at mechanics, creating gadgets, weapons, etc.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Neutral to all.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Dislikes the Brotherhood, inseparable from Victor. Hates the leader of Horde's Shadows (guild) with a passion for being highly incompetent in his eyes.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
/e Lars would be sitting hunched at his table, piles of schematics before him. He would be tapping his finger along a barly ligible string of numbers, humming to himself, while the other hand would hold his pet rat Wallace away from munching on the parchment. He cocks his head, scratching on the chin, and inks in another string of numbers. he cocks his head the other way, calculating, then crumples the parchment up and throws it over his shoulder into an ever-growing pile.

((Seriously, this is such a weird question :P))

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Looking for a guild setting to RP in along with Steelbreaker ;-)

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
Live in Ireland, avid gamer, work as cabin crew :-)

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
Several years worth of casual RP, longest period would be with Wheel of Entropy. Not a hardcore RPer, but enthusiastic at least.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Lars
PostPosted: Aug 11th, '16, 10:35 
Rat

Hello, I am not an officer, just a normal member of the guild.

It is pretty clear that you and Steelbreaker have decided to join this guild together and I am wondering if you come as a package deal, ie we take you both or none at all?

I also would like to know if joining us is something you decided together or if one of you are the driving force while the other one tags along to not break the partnership. This is mostly so its easier to get a picture of what kind of commitment you both have.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 11th, '16, 14:54 
Applicant

I'll say the same thing Steel said :-) We both decided together, and yes, a package deal indeedy :-)

Just both of us trying to find a good guild together :-)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 15th, '16, 04:41 
Lieutenant (Site Admin)

As we had to approach these two applications (Lars/Steelbreaker) together, I thought it best that we respond to both as a unit as well for fairness' sake.

Unfortunately we don't feel that these characters would make for a good fit with the guild as it stands, but we appreciate your applications.

OfflineProfile