It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 14:14

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

PostPosted: Nov 28th, '16, 00:00 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Prowler Zuri'kah

Character Race and Class::
Zandalari Shadowhunter

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Her thirst for knowledge, adventures and profit in all forms she is on the hunt for a group of misfits - like herself - that she may join as they travel.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Spending most of her life in a small, barely populated outpost that is located west of Gundrak in Zul'Drak, she was always told by her parents to be destined for great things. She and her younger sister Zeze'ni always went out on expeditions together, be it a short walk or a hike to the other side of Zul'Drak. However, to protect themselves from being overrun by the Drakkari, they sacrificed raptor eggs to the god which the outpost was named after.
From the moment she was born, her family discovered her prowess in stealth and swift reflexes.

As her warmongering tribe returned to the ancient continent of Pandaria once more in attempts of claiming the lands for their own, the teenage troll started getting second thoughts. Their original philosophy had faded as the mysterious Prophet Zul arose, but it wasn't until after they switched their focus upon the Pandaren and the lands they inhabit that Zuri'kah realized what had to be done and contemplated wether or not she was to betray the purity of herself and family or simply stand idly by as the corruption continued. And so she left the island they currently used as a base of operations when the stars shone the brightest upon the sky.

She was inevitably met by hostility as she approached the Shado Pan and Vol'jin's forces. A few of his troll warriors were patrolling the area as they noticed the potential threat, and she was attacked on sight. Luckily enough, her many years of training proved most useful for she simply knocked them unconcious without any harm done to them, and proceeded in her search for the Darkspear leader.
Without struggle, she was taken prisoner once she set foot in the tent that belonged to Vol'jin at the time, yet her determination was absolute. A few days later, a trusted adviser known as Master Gadrin went up to her cage and decided she was to prove her worth before deciding her fate. One would assume he felt the ultimate purpose of Zuri's appearance, and therefore he generously offered her the chance.

She carried with her a great deal of intel from her own tribe and the plans they were to execute, targeting Kun-Lai Summit. Even though the information she had managed to come by with the help of her stealth techniques and sharp sense of hearing were not fatal for the victory against Khal'ak, she still earned Vol'jin's trust and was later welcomed into the Darkspear tribe after they had eliminated the Zandalari forces and their leader.
Many still view her with disgust and hatred, much like the Ebon Knights and the Grimtotem tribe, and she quickly developed an insecurity for her appearance and skin color.

In fact, she even tried to permanently change her skin to that of the common Darkspear troll. However, she still wears the traditional Zandalari attire as to honor what they once stood for, and what she strives to become once again.
Due to a tragic occurance, Zuri'kah developed a strong hatred towards the Pandaren race. For when she was to leave her tribe that dreadful night, Zeze and her shared different opinions for the first time in their lives.

And so they were forced to go separate paths in this war as Zeze'ni chose to stay faithful to her origins. As troops upon troops with Zandalari warbringers attacked, the Shado-Pan and their allies used combined forces to push them back. Ultimately, Zeze was one of the attackers that soon met her fate as she stood face to face with a defencive Pandaren. She was defeated and killed at the age of 7 (Troll Years) and Zuri'kah soon caught up on this.

She now carries a choker made of sturdy leather with a small, handmade totem in the shape of a young doe with short tusks and Zandali warpaint so that she may carry on with the memory of her beloved sister.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
An expert in stealth, posions and assassinations. She also carries a great deal of knowledge about Ancient Lore and her thirst for more will forever be unquenched.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
She keeps herself neutral, yet as previously mentioned she dislikes the Pandaren race, for purposes provided above.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
She would personally neither have any old enemies nor old loyalties. However, she will be loyal to the Darkspear tribe despite keeping herself at a distance.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
As Zuri'kah takes a seat on the floor, she cracks a smirk from behind the mask she wears and appears to be eyeing the man up and down in utter silence.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I left Wheel of Entropy a year or so ago, as my depression got worse and I needed a break from everything. As I now return to WoW, I seek a Guild where I feel like I belong and make friends without feeling judged or mistreated.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I am currently unemployed, and one of my greater hobbies other than video/computer games is writing and reading. I love creating things, be it RP concepts in any form of roleplay or short novels. I live with my family - A home with two cats, a dog and me together with my soulmate.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
Ever since I was young I've always been roleplaying, creating scenarios and loving every bit of it. It was not until years later that I discovered online RP, and so that became my main focus when wanting to step out of my own shoes for a while. I'd like to say that I'm an experienced roleplayed, then again you always learn something new everyday.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Nov 28th, '16, 13:12 
Rat

Hello, nice application.

I am just a member but with our glorious and shiny leader being a bit preoccupied with worldy stuff I am also assisting with guildmatters a bit.

I have two things I am a bit curious about and wonder if you wouldnt mind to clarify.

The first thing is Zeze'ni who was defeated at the age of 7 (troll years). I like to stress that I know barely nothing about trolls, and this is the first time I hear about them using troll years. Could you share you thoughts on that?

The other thing I would like to know more about is the relationship with Voljin. I get little the impression that Zuri got to knew him personally? I guess what I meant to say, did she work directly and hung out with Vol'jin or was it more like being accepted into the tribe was because someone else close to Voljin told him about Zuri's accomplishments?

OfflineProfile