It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 06:08

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Rocketdog (battletag)
PostPosted: Dec 8th, '16, 00:23 
Rat

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Laoti Gingerpaw

Character Race and Class::
Pandaren Mage

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
She is looking for a new place to belong, and to earn her keep.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:

Laoti grew up as the oldest of three in a small village in Jade Forest. Born into an old family of countless traditions, Laoti was groomed from birth to succeed her mother as head of the family business. A fate the dreamy little cub had no ambition for, spending her childhood losing herself in books and fairy tales.

After a particular dusty old tome found itself into Laoti's paws, she learned to her parents' dismay that she had inherited the magical touch of a great great aunt and general black sheep of the family.

Laoti's parents swiftly sent the cub off to the monasteries, hoping a distance from her books and the busy life of a disciple would rid her of magical notions. For a time, it seemed almost to be working.

And then the war came.

With her family gone and her village burned at the hands of Mogu, Laoti found purpose in the only thing she had left: revenge. The war took Laoti to the Isle of Thunder, where she first encountered the elves. Witnessing the mages in battle rekindled her own enthusiasm for the craft, and by the time the war had been won Laoti had found herself a willing teacher, and a new purpose. Her new intstructor, Maravel Emberfall, brought Laoti back to Kalimdor and into the fold of a mercenary group lead by a kindly tauren named Hototo.

Laoti spent the following years travelling, training and working with the group, adventures that started in the Darkspear rebellion and ended many months into Draenor when Hototo fell in a bloody skirmish against Alliance forces. The loss of their leader hit hard, and by the end of the war the group split and its members went each to their own. Laoti was left, once more, without a family.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
She learned from a young age how to barter and barter well, knows basic first aid and is a decent spellcaster and conjurer. She is not so skillful with more advanced spells, and would benefit from tutoring.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Personally Laoti have no ill feelings towards any race at this moment, while also trained to leave prejudice aside when coin is involved.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Enemies: Mogu and Zandalari for taking her first family, the Alliance for taking her second.
Allies: The few who remain of Hototo's old crew.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
It has been a busy day, even still when the sun is close to dipping below the horizon, humidity still lingers from the day's heat. Ratchet, a place of trade. "Where there is trade, there is coin. Where there is coin, there are customers, and with customers come coin". Those are the words the Gingerpaw family lived by.

In town, Laoti prepares for a meeting with an alchemist. Who she learned through a mutual contact, have posession of an item. One of which a companion has been searching for. A rare type of a poisonous plant that is quite rare to find. Although Laoti knows, if you have the coin, and the right connection. Luck will come forth. Which brings her here. In Ratchet wearing her least favourite items of clothing, but to do her job, she needs to look her best.

Shifting on her seat at a table under the roof of the inn, while somewhat looking through the notes she prepared the evening before. Laoti pulls at the collar of her shirt while placing her parchment face down on the table, feeling slightly uncomfortable and clammy from the remnants of the humid air. Laoti lets out a huff of frustration. At a table nearby a goblin waitress who, Laoti notices with slight amusement, looks a little bit worse for wear, with her turquiose hair bound in a sloppy bun and a smile that does not quite reach her eyes. While watching the waitress clean up the table the pandaren notes to herself to leave a few coin pieces in the tip jar.

The sun is slowly descending, Laoti can breathe more freely now, feeling the humidity in the air cool down in preparation for the night. In the distance she hears voices coming closer. A group of goblins step inside after a long exhausting day of work, they settle themselves a few tables off to Laotis' left. Asking the poor exhausted waitress for drinks. With the level of noise gradually growing Laoti picks up her parchment, listing items and wares her client may possible also part with.

Some time later, Laoti barely manages to place her tip in the jar, before her waitress throughout the day gave her a grateful smile, before she swaps out with a more perked up red-headed version of herself. The sun has set, and lanterns are for the most part, the only lightsource. The inn is crowded now, drunken laughs are for the most part the only thing the pandaren hears, but in the air, she smells it. This scent of chemicals and smoke. With the distinct undertone of partly decaying flesh. She straightens up in her seat. Her client has arrived. Reaching down in her right pocket, she fishes out a pocketwatch to look at the time. She then settles her eyes on her client, giving him a firm stare, before she states. "You are late."

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I think it is about time I get back to my Cave Canem roots. Eyyy -fingerguns- I've also been able to (through your GM) play Overwatch with some of the members here. We had fun! Maybe to dabble a bit in the unknown territory of roleplay.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I am Talisa a 27 old lady. I tell the funniest not funny jokes. (No really, I do, ask your Guild Master) Also, I am your GMs BFF -sadface- I also play other Blizzard games, exept for Hearthstone and SC2. (I am a killer D.Va in OW, just saying.) I doodle a lot, although most of it is of the female kind, males are so difficult to draw! Books! I read books, found out that my Kindle is a godsend. So many books in one small tablet. Although I mostly read fantasy. I also read manga, if anyone ever wants to geek out with me.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I do not have much, if any experience in, in-game roleplay. I've mostly conjured up stories and characters on a more pencil to paper kind of tale.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Dec 8th, '16, 00:51 
Rat

After much deliberation, the officers have decided to bump you up to the IC meeting stage. Please contact any one of us ingame to set it up.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Dec 8th, '16, 00:53 
Rat

I can do that, I'll contact one of you the next time I log on.

OfflineProfile