It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 14:15

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Maggotsnout
PostPosted: Dec 12th, '16, 18:20 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Golga Maggotsnout

Character Race and Class::
Goblin Deathknight - Former brawler.

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Maggotsnout is an experienced muscle for hire. Lacking the normal affinity for buisness so often associated with goblinkind she's better at taking orders and executing strategies than coming up with them. Having left ( or been kicked out of ) many employments due to her disorderly temper and her whatever-it-takes-mindset, she wants results and she wants them fast. The Blackguard is yet another employ of many, but this one offers something she can understand FREEDOM - BLOOD - PROFITS. Not to mention a ragged band of mercs that don't seem far too inclined to frown upon her normally considered abrasive personality.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
The daughter of Grubb Oilburg the III, a renowned Goblin alchemist dabbling in research about Hobgoblins, Maggotsnout was born into the lap of luxury. At young age, much to Grubbs satisfaction, she begun to display prowess for alchemy much in the same fields as he. Potions enchancing strenght,speed, endurance, key to his research of Hobgoblins.

Around Maggot's teenage years however another fact also became painfully obvious, namely the fact that she had another affinity than than for alchemy - an affinity for violence. For a goblin, (especially in her younger years) she was of extraordinary physique and stature, imposing in most of those around her a sense of either respect or nervousness and even direct fear. Many were the servants of their household who ended up with a broken nose or a blackened eye when performing services to the "young masters" disatisfaction - discretion was due to Grubbs explosive ammounts of wealth kept with generous bribes to servants or via threats of getting fired depending of the extent of abuse they suffered at his daughters hands, all in order to keep up public appearences.

But seldom are Goblins in employ for too long under such conditions. When it was revealed that the grand alchemists daughter abused her fathers employees, few were suprised as she already had a reputation as a belligirent and ruffian, being involved in numerous barfights and acts of lesser violence.
Many infact found an ironic sense of justice in that a man who had made his fortune turning Goblins into lumbering oafs, should be cursed with such a hulk of a daughter!

Real problems started arising however samples of new augmentating alchemical solutions disappeared from the estate and when rumors of Maggot appearing in illegal fighting-rings begun to circulate around Kezan. Grubbs could no longer deny the all to obvious, his daughter never having had any combat training simply stole the samples to beat her opponents by brute force.

After having confronted his daughter about her un-profitable behaviour and stripping her of her inheritance the aging goblin scientist was promptly found days later down a flight of stairs with an alembic stuck in his mouth. Maggotsnout was nowhere to be seen, though papers later show that she took whatever money she had left in her bank account and hired a ship for the mainland of Kalimdor, where she got into mercenary work and quickly took on the name Maggotsnout, to shed any ties to her family name.

She spent the rest of her years before the third war in the employ of various goblin bankers and barons as a brawler. Always eventually having to move on due to some violent outburst or otherwise scandalous behaviour. What money she had manage to take with her from Kezan was quickly spent on jewelry,gamblin', drinks and food.

Maggot is many things, but a buisnesswoman - she is not.

During the 3rd war and the events leading up to the death of the Lich King. Maggot was in the employ of goblin traders bringing gadgets and supplies to the forsaken frontlines, as a caravaneer guard. She enjoyed the company of the pragmatic and practical forsaken and took interest in their alchemical solutions and over time developed somewhat of a bond with some of the forsaken officers who to a liking to this rather morbid little creature.

Somwhere during this time a fairly ordinary trip ended in a scourge ambush, Maggot pumped to the brim with potions was the last one to succumb when they were finally overwhemled, but not before beating the scourge commander to death with his own arm. Leaving enough of an impression with her remarkable ferocity and fortitude she was raised into undeath and her body already used to being altering fluids and juices took quickly to the discipline of blood.

She is and remains fond of the forsaken and was one of the Deathknights who left the Ebon blade to seek alliegance to the horde, even though as time has progressed, she has proved time and again to be a rather unreliable asset.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
- Maggot knows how to take a beating, and get back up again..and again and again. She's got the stamina of an ogre and the temper of a hungry tuskar.
- She also knows how to dash out a beating, being self-trained this has more to do with a natural affinity to violence rather than any real finesse.
- Adept alchemist of a sort, dabbling from a young age with solutions to enhance physical performance. She's knows how to keep herself and her allies juiced up. ( See labeling on flask - author and distributor not liable physical side-effects related but not confined to : Sweating, nausia, loss of hair, loss of teeth , blindness, immideate death, selfcombustion. )
- She's good at armwrestling and horrible winner.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Maggot has a distaste for what she considers the self-righteousness of the alliance. Thusly' she has never been in the employ of any directly alliance-affiliated forces. She prefers the more upright and brutal approach of the horde and it's races, especially the forsaken who like herself have a very practical mindset.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Old enemies & loyalties - A few might remember her from the days before Kezans demise and might be ....displeased to hear that the rumors of her demise at the hands of scourge forces very mildly over exaggerated. Over her years working as a merc she has also picked up quite a number of lesser allies and enemies.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
- You says' wut'!? The ogred bellowed in infuriated disbelief as he stared down the tiny plate clad creature before him. Shooting up from his creaking chair in a sudden fit of rage the sheer width of the oaf pushed the table away, spilling it's contents. The pale goblin standing before the hulking figure took a step backwards, looking as the beverages from the table spilled off the table and started seeping into the floorboards.

She appeared to take a breath, almost as in eager anticipation of what was to come. - I said... Her chill voice clung to the air, the atmosphere in the tavern was a tangible sense of impending carnage.
- I said you've had enough, you overgrown tub of lard. Now is your tiny head to small for your massive body or has that' horn in ya' face grown into your thick skull ?

The ogre took a few moments to understand the severity of the insults hurled at him before plunging forward with a roar. Maggout readied her mace, but did not move. As the giant rushed towards her, hands open, other guests of the inn threw themselves out of his way not wanting to be crushed. Huge blue fists clutched around Maggout as the creature with a grotesque grin lift her up into the air.

- Gro'marg squeeze you like like insect, DIE LADY!

Maggot was gasping for air, the pressure was unbearable. The ogre stared onto his victim with a satisfied expression as he seemed close to squeezing the life out of tiny body before him.

Suddenly, a cackling laughter was heard. Gro'Marg felt sharp pain in his left hand, then another and a third! He let out a shrill yell. Tossing the goblin into a case of barrels at the end of the room. As he held hands in front of himself, his dullard mind assessing the damage. Two of his fingers were broken and a third was missing.

Turned his head in the direction in which he had flung his opponent. A rustle was heard in remains of a broken winebarrel. Maggotsnout appeared out of the remains. Her armor and hair soaked in wine, blood flowing from her nose. She chuckled for herself, gave the distraught ogre a look and licked her teeth.

- I was hopin' ya'd be willin' to get serious pal. To late for you to get out now.

She charged.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I've been looking for a good RP-guild for a while now. originally i used to play this character on Stormrage. But being a fan on the Warcraft lore i couldn't help but develop a history for the character to take her a step further!

Being a ragtag mercenary really is in tune with her personality. Seeing how she's incompatible with most organisations that run a too strict set of rules of regulations. ( Also i've read through your thread on the official forums and you seem like a jolly bunch c:)

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
Well currently i'm working as a mailman part time - which gives me quite a lot free time some weeks. Time which i spend practicing voice acting or drawing or painting miniatures ( Warhammer currently ). A swedish guy who turns 25 next year. Other hobbies include reading classical litterature and an obssesion with 80's horror.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
WELL

I've been reading fantasy since i was like 10. Started with The Hobbit and the Harry potter series - Continued in me teens with Eddings and loads of classical horror such as Edgar allan poe and H.P Lovecraft. I've always been obsessed with storytelling of different styles and sorts even though i've never gotten into any practical RPing myself. ( Aside from some boardgames with friends!) I'll take this time to admit that this is a first for me, i have a lot of ideas and i feel i can get a bit impatient to write them down at times. But i'm always open for constructive Criticism. Hope you had a good read!

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Maggotsnout
PostPosted: Dec 12th, '16, 18:23 
Applicant

Ehem... I realize there are a few minor typos in this buuut i hope you can overlook those ;V

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Dec 14th, '16, 22:39 
Rat

Hello there, I am a just a member of the guild. I think it is a nice application, but I have a question.

You character has be described as violent and unreliable. While having violent or unreliable characters arent wrong in anyway, I dont see anything that indicate how the character will work in social situations. Since RP outside of combat events are mostly social interaction with other members, how do you plan to portray your characters unreliable and violent behavior without alienating yourself from the other members?

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Dec 15th, '16, 17:09 
Applicant

Satimira wrote:
Hello there, I am a just a member of the guild. I think it is a nice application, but I have a question.

You character has be described as violent and unreliable. While having violent or unreliable characters arent wrong in anyway, I dont see anything that indicate how the character will work in social situations. Since RP outside of combat events are mostly social interaction with other members, how do you plan to portray your characters unreliable and violent behavior without alienating yourself from the other members?

Hey you!

Thanks, i haven't written this much in a while tbh, so i'm glad to hear any criticism c:

I'm going to go ahead and adress the concern about her getting alienated in a crowd! The way i envision her, ( and will be trying to potray her ) i'd describe her as having a rather "hedonistic" personality with a preference for simpler pleasures ( Drinking, brawling, cruel jokes ). This is also what i'd like to think leads to her having a bit of a mean streak. I guess i'm just trying to say that she's prone to violence due to certain aspects of her personality rather than it defining her personality if that makes any sense?

An other aspect i'd like to work into her personality is that she can be a bit... slow at times. I'm by no means saying she's straight out stupid. But she will always bash a chest to get at what's inside. Rather than look for a key. I suppose it's a bit like Gimli trying to destroy the one ring in rivendell.

I'm also thinking for sure that she could be a teamplayer - given a bit of freedom and the right company. It's not as much that's she's completely unreliable as much as the fact that she just does things her way. Which has undoubtedly led to trouble in the past.

I supposed it'd be a bit like having that one player on a team that plays a bit foul - but when confronted will always go something like " hey it's all right, we're innit' together you know. I got your back".

A short edit : I kind of had characters like The Hound from GoT in mind when i wrote parts of this backstory, even though that may not have shone through as clearly has i had wished. x)

Other than that she is ofc a work in progress since i haven't really RPed on her properly yet, so there is with almost certainty going to be some character development along the line.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Dec 17th, '16, 12:04 
Lieutenant

Hey there Maggotsnout! Thank you for your application - and for the solid reply to Satimira's question. You've been bumped to the IC meeting stage! Hit us up ingame and we'll get something set.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Dec 18th, '16, 16:33 
Applicant

Vuai wrote:
Hey there Maggotsnout! Thank you for your application - and for the solid reply to Satimira's question. You've been bumped to the IC meeting stage! Hit us up ingame and we'll get something set.

Gladly! Sent a guild-request ingame. But maybe it'll be easier if i just add one of you guys and startup a chat.

Whom' should i be looking for?

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Dec 18th, '16, 17:34 
Lieutenant

We do the IC meeting before invitation goes out as a last-minute-making-sure, and because the membership is generally handled both IC and Ooc at the same time.
Far as poking people goes, just nudge any BG member you spy online and they'll pass it on!

OfflineProfile