It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 23:33

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Duskenwald
PostPosted: Jan 3rd, '17, 01:05 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Vladroth Duskenwald

Character Race and Class::
Vampyr Dark Blade (Forsaken Rogue)

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Vladroth wishes to join the Blackguard in order to find his heart and eyes (See past). As well as to find those who would not scoff at working alongside one whose feeding happens are less... socially accepted.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Born to an influential Gilnean family soon after the reign of king Aderic. Vladroth was the first born of eight children with five brothers and two sisters. Yet Vladroth was born sickly and as he grew this became more apparent as he could barely walk without the help of his cane, upon seeing how weak his firstborn was Vladroth's father disowned him and named his second son to be the heir of the family. In anger Vladroth left the family and found an ancient ritual to give oneself great strength, using it upon himself Vladroth went back to his family and butchered all five of his brothers as well as his father. As he fled the manor having taken revenge against his father a group of mages heard of his deeds and sealed him away within a coffin after tearing out his heart and eyes, casting a powerful spell upon the former as to prevent its regeneration within his chest.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Though unable to see normaly Vladroth has adapted a form of telepathy to allow him to see through the eyes of various creatures such as bats, crows, or rats. In addition he is able to look through the memories of such "lesser" creatures to glean information of the past four days events.
When driven to fight Vladroth employs a mixture of both swordplay and necromantic magic, though at times has also made use of telekinesis.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Orc: Dislikes the "Honor bound" warrior types, but appreciates the ones who prove to be sensible and intelligent
Forsaken: Views them like one might a younger cousin, preferring their company over that of the other races.
Tauren: Does not quite know what to make of most of them, he does not mind them either way so long as they don't take a swing at him with what he views to be a small tree.
Troll: Vladroth does not trust most trolls until they have earned his trust in part due to his being born soon after the Troll Wars ended.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Vladroth walked along with the help of an old ebony cane, its ancient handle held in thin clawed hand. Pausing for a moment he took out a small crimson vial and took a drink from its contents letting the contents slide down his throat before he placed its cap back on and replaced it within his leather vest. Turning down an alleyway he listened for the sound of his pursuers for a moment before climbing like spider up the side of the building.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I am trying to get back into horde RP, and your guild was the first to catch my eye as one that could prove to be fun.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I somtimes sketch my characters to help me find inspiration for their RP. I also am a DM for a 5th edition D&D campaign.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I have RPed since Lichking and originally started out RPing as a forsaken, however I moved over to alliance side in order to find more RP. Now I am trying to get back into horde side RP as I like their lore over that of the alliance.

Sorry if all this is a bit brief, I tried submiting before and it got wiped entirely.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Duskenwald
PostPosted: Jan 3rd, '17, 11:36 
Lieutenant

Hey there Duskenwald!

We're still at the tail-end of holiday slumber here but will get back to you soon as I can wrangle up my fellow officers!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jan 6th, '17, 21:20 
Applicant

Thank you, sorry for how short the history page is. When I submitted it the first time my page reloaded and wiped everything, if you wanted I could write out a more in depth backstory.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jan 16th, '17, 00:17 
Rat

Hello, I apologise for such a late response. Business combined with illness made us postpone this a bit.

We would like to have an OOC chat with you when it suits you. The reason for this is that while we think your concept seem well thought through, we would like to hear a bit more about it to ensure it fits the guild and also hear what you expect from us to make this fun for you.

You can contact any blackguard member who is online and they may be able to refer you to me or Vuai.

OfflineProfile