It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 15:05

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Meyner
PostPosted: Jan 16th, '17, 13:35 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Albert Meyner

Character Race and Class::
Undead Rogue

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Albert Meyner is a bomb-maker with enough enemies to be cautious. He travels often and chooses his clients carefully.

The Blackguard also travel often and pay enough that Meyner won't be dependent on building bombs for coin. He can serve the company, moonlighting as a bomb-maker for his more trusted clients.

He hopes The Blackguard might also have a use for his devices, especially given his work effectively doubles as a hobby.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Albert Meyner was born into a Gilnean military family of social prestige.

Since an early age, he had a proclivity for pyrotechnics. Early on, this hobby manifest in the occasional barn fire and disgruntled neighbour.

Meyner likely would have found himself in a jail cell were it not for the Gilnean military. He trained as a sapper, where his passion for loud explosions was disciplined and put to good use.

Meyner died during the Invasion of Gilnean; he successfully diffused an unexploded bomb that had lodged itself in a battlement, only to be blown off the wall by another bomb moments later.

He was risen to be become a Forsaken Shadowstalker, mostly responsible for sabotage. His bombs were set to great effect against the Horde's many adversaries.

Meyner completed his service with the Shadowstalkers and graduated into private industry as a bomb-maker-for-hire. He builds devices of various specifications for various (usually unscrupulous) clientele.

His work makes him a target of many, hence he tends to keep a low profile and move around often.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Meyner is very good at producing explosives of all kinds; potent, concealable, pressure sensitive, chemically laced, etc, etc. And while he much prefers building bombs, he can begrudgingly defuse them too.

He's also worked as a saboteur, and his knack for sneaky and/or undercover work hasn't left him.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Meyner is largely fine with all Horde races.

He tends to trust his fellow Forsaken more than other races.

He particularly likes Goblins, given their talents as engineers.

He believes Pandaren to be a little too preachy.

For the Alliance, he despises Night Elves and what he perceives to be their endless sanctimony. Meyner offers a ninety percent discount on all bombs meant for their lot.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Albert Meyner doesn't have many loyalties per se, only those he trusts to do business with.

His list of enemies is quite plentiful. He doesn't know the final destinations of many of his bombs, but is doubtless they've made him enemies as well as coin.

He does have a few specific ideas however:

Venture Company – Meyner produced bombs that were planted in two of their drilling sites in Southern Kalimdor to devastating effect.

Magfitz “Stumpy” Pipebolt – Meyner is responsible for this Goblin's nickname.

S.A.F.E & GCO – Meyner's bombs were used to kill three scientists within this gnomish organization. Gnomish intelligence now want him dead.

Gilnean Liberation Front – They believe that landmines Meyner designed were deployed against them. GCO provided them his name.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Albert Meyner works at his desk under the light of an overheard torch. A series of gizmos and loose bolts litter the surface. His nimble fingers are tinkering with what appears to be a cut-open copper bomb.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Firstly, I like mercenary company roleplay, especially when it's done well - as I believe it is here.

I have a character whose personality, backstory and work are well-suited to a mercenary company. There are a good variety of characters here for him to develop changing relationships with.

I like that the guild is nomadic and invites characters from all race. I think these elements allow for a lot of roleplay opportunities that might not crop up otherwise. I mostly roleplay in Forsaken guilds, so this is always a nice change.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I am a university student at the moment, and will be for another 18 months.

Roleplaying is basically my main hobby. Otherwise it's reading and gaming more generally. I sometimes drink and shout about politics, but I don't know if that counts as an accomplishment.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I have been roleplaying on World of Warcraft for probably three years now. Mostly on the Alliance side, but sometimes in Forsaken guilds on Horde side. I have also tried SWTOR roleplay, and even a little ESO more recently than that - but WOW is definitely where I spend most of my time for roleplay.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Meyner
PostPosted: Jan 21st, '17, 15:59 
Lieutenant

'lo there Meyner, thank you for your application!

We've gone and nudged you on to the IC-meeting stage! Give any of ours a poke ingame and we'll get it set up.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Meyner
PostPosted: Jan 21st, '17, 23:13 
Applicant

Great, thanks!

I have an upcoming exam on the 30th, but I'll spare time between revision to get in touch :).

OfflineProfile