It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 01:00

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Arkoth (Application)
PostPosted: Feb 25th, '17, 03:22 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Arkoth Ogar The Juggernaut

Character Race and Class::
Orc Warrior

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Arkoth has only one wish. To grow so mighty and powerful that his legends will inspire other great warriors to seek theyr destiny just as the stories of Broxigar Saurfang and his brother inspired him to do. And he heard from the streets that the life of a mercenary is perfect for starting such a journey. Arkoth could've joined the army however he respects only STRENGHT in all its forms so he finds it very hard to obey commands from some one that earned medals by barking orders from the back of the lines. Arkoth cares not for "laws" so he will accept any type of contract.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
His father was a warrior of the Blackrock Clan and fought side by side with Thrall and Grom Hellscream untill he met his gory end in one of the most important battles of Azeroth. His mother died during child birth back when Orgrimmar was still under construction and he was given to an orphanage from which he kicked out cause of all the fights he started. He soon found work as an errand boy for a blacksmith delivering weapons to the grunts. It was during one of the deliveries to the barracks that he realised he wants to become a warrior as thats the life for him. He kept working for the blacksmith secretly training in the dead of night untill he became of age and was sent to the Valley Of Trials where he began his real journey, passing his trials and taking contracts from the horde to help with the war effort.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Several things. Arkoth has mastered the way of unleashing his inner rage. He is stronger then he looks being capable of great feats of strenght. And is also training to become one of the best Blacksmiths Azeroth has seen.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
It doesnt matter what race or faction you are. It all comes down to strenght. Show him that you are worthy and he will fowllow you to the ends of Azeroth.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Nothing of sorts.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
He is a calculated type of "reckless" always jumping in a fight head first as some sort of test to prove to himself and everyone else that he is worthy to be sung in legends. He chose the name Ogar (Death) because he always seems to survive the worst even when everything around him dies. He build a reputation of being both The Imovable Object AND The Unstopable Force hence the Title of The Juggernaut. Arkoth will never back down from a good fight but at the same time he will not die a fools death. His goal is to become as mighty as Broxigar The Red and to do that this means that he needs to kill himself at least a mountain of foes before he hits the bucket.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
It just fits my type and after reading the description i cant stop feeling like this guild was made just for me.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
Im 20 , and im from romania, my hobbie is playing video games and i work as security at a 4 stars hotel.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I also play Elder scrolls online and there too i am in an RP guild and they seems happy with my roleplaying. I am not a pro but i like to think im not exactly a noob either.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Arkoth (Application)
PostPosted: Feb 25th, '17, 23:28 
Applicant

After reading other applications I realised I fucked up bad at the paragraph thing.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Feb 26th, '17, 00:10 
Rat

The officers will surely get back to you, but I just thought to say that you can probably type a little RP paragraph in a regular reply post here in your application topic. :)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Feb 26th, '17, 02:36 
Applicant

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Arkoth was surrounded by a platoon of alliance soldiers,theyr commander was a a tall and bulky draenei in plate armor, the rest were humans and night elves.
Draenei Commander: "Lay down your weapon,orc! We have you surrounded! There is no way you can get out of this one alive! Surrender and your death will be quick."
Arkoth:"Huh, well that's hardly fair. A whole platoon versus The Juggernaut? You need at least a company of a hundred men just to keep things interesting."
Draenei Commander:"Suit your self. Prepare to die mongrel!"
Arkoth takes an unusual stance with his left arm extended in front of him and his right arm in the back holding his axe above his head.
They all started laughing at him because of the silly stance. In a fraction of a second Arkoth throws his axe as fast as an arrow connecting with the large draenei chest. The axe cut deep past the plate of armor digging itself deep in the draenei's rib cage. He died instantly covering the few poor sods that were standing next to him in a shower of blood. Everyone looked terrified at the pile of flesh that used to be theyr commander. Before they realised what has happened Arkoth was already on the move, already starting to break bones,to tear apart,to rip off limbs bare handedly. It was a blood bath, members and guts flying everywhere. Arkoth....His eyes....His eyes were red, filled with rage...The night...Filled with screams.

A few hours later another patrol was passing through the same spot. The first thing they saw was an orc sitting on a pile of corpses sharpening his axe. " YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS YOU FILTHY ANIMAL!" screams the platoon's commander. Arkoth gets on his feet, and takes an unusual stance with his left arm extended in front of him and his right arm in the back holding his axe above his head, on his face, a blood thirsty grin.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Feb 27th, '17, 18:14 
Rat

Hello there Arkoth. I am assisting with recruitment and I have a couple of questions I would like you to answer to better make us able to decide if you are a good fit for this group of misfits. :)

First one I am wondering about is what age Arkoth is? What raises this question is that you mention Arkoth's mother dying giving birth as Orgrimmar is being built. It doesnt say who she was giving birth to, but its easy to assume it is Arkoth himself who was being born. This would make him very young. That said, it could just have been a sibling. I would just want this clarified. How old is he?

The second thing that we'd like to know more about, is more a concern of ours. You see usually when we do these applications we try to imagine how your character would fit into the group and I think that your character who seem to be very confident and forward going orc will potentially create a interesting dynamic. The thing is though, you describe your character to be remarkable skilled and talented warrior. He may be seeking fame to leave a legacy, but with a name like "The Juggernaut" it sounds like he has already come a fair bit on this quest. What I am curious about is how would you play this out on a event evening when you may only have bad rolls. Essentially failing every action Arkoth is doing? I know it may be hard to just "imagine" something up. But what may actually happen is that Arkoth who can fairly easy kill a whole platoon of dranei soldiers (30-50 trained soldiers) in the bestest Guts from Berserk impression, may a have problem killing one gnome, if the dice dont want to co-operate?

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Feb 27th, '17, 18:44 
Applicant

Damn, these are really good questions. I havent really decided if Arkoth should have sibling or not, i would really like if i could find someone that would accept to rp as a sibling of mine , that would be awsome, as about his age i though 20 years would fit with the timeline. Ok yes Arkoth is fairly young but its due to his size (he is larger then most orcs (OOC i will use elixir of giants groth to make this happen)) that he is able of taking on so many opponents, and even thoguh he is young he already participated in plenty of wars against the alliance and quickly earned the respect of horde soldiers and generals. As about the thing with the roll, well damn i got no answer for that, everyone has a bad day i guess :D. Maybe Arkoth underestimated his foe and this will cost him new scars to his "collection", i dont mind if i fail a roll and Arkpth gets his ass kicked, that will serve as a lesson for him and he will be more careful in the future, as long as in the end Arkoth can still live to fight another day then i dont really mind getting my ass handed by a gnome :D life has ups and downs i guess. What was the lesson that orc from valley of trials toguht us? In a fight any number of things can proove to be our downfall, even the smallest foes can be our death or something like that.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Mar 1st, '17, 20:37 
Rat

Hello, thank you for applying and sorry for such a late response.

This was a hard one, we like your attitude and you really come across as a cool guy. But after much deliberation we came to the conclusion that we dont think the character will be a good fit in the Blackguard.

Good luck!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Mar 3rd, '17, 07:40 
Applicant

Is there something i can do to change your mind? Maybe i can change the backstory or maybe a trial period to actualy see how i handle it all,hell im willing to even let the GM or an officer right the backstory for me and ill go with that, i just want to play in an active RP guild because playing wow alone can get really boring after a while. In other words im getting pretty desperate here.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Mar 3rd, '17, 13:04 
Lieutenant

You've been a really good guy about this and am sorry you're in a situation where you feel desperate. Bear in mind that we made the choice based as much on whether we thought we would suit you, as the other way around! (Level of activity being one matter gave us pause, as an example. We're a small lot, and run a lot of quiet time between RL and busy schedules)

I'd honestly not want you to start changing your character to suit us. It'd run the risk of you landing with a character you're not enjoying, in a guild that perhaps didn't suit to begin with -- and one joined for all the wrong reasons.
Please remember we're not the one and only guild on AD - not joining this lot doesn't automatically mean WoW in solitude forever! And it certainly doesn't mean you'd not be welcome to stumble by for RP.

Wishing you all the best!

OfflineProfile