It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 19:59

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Athilas
PostPosted: May 30th, '17, 17:23 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Athilas Sunfeather

Character Race and Class::
Blood elf hunter

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
What set Athilas to move out from Silvermoon and become a mercenary was an unwitting wish to become an ‘adventurer type’. He had debts to pay, but he didn’t want to toil them away in obscurity and so, became a glorious sellsword.

Once he did begin mingling with hero-yuprd however, he quickly realized that for all the luster of power, a lot of them were as miserable as he was. The only distinction was that when they dealt with their issues, people tended to die.

Personal experiences like these have now thrown Athilas into Orgrimmar to look for a new band of comrades. While he’ll never admit it, he’s looking for people he can actually rely on. Whether the work’s legal or not doesn’t really matter a damn anymore.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Born the year Quel’thalas was invaded by the scourge, Athilas is merely 18-years-old. He’s the son to Eiathas Sunfeather, a man who worked in an invisible line of work called Arcane Maintentance. A more humble elf’s job, it entails among other things, seeing to the enchanted brooms that sweep Silvermoon.

His father a dispassionate and dysfunctional man, Athilas grew to loathe the lower middle-class of sin’dorei he’d been borne in. He wanted something more, he wanted to be someone who masters his own fate, someone who doesn’t get thrown around by the constant flux and fear that defines his era.
When his father passed, he and his sister inherited a debt the broom-enchanter had accrued over the years. While his sister turned to legal yet degrading ways, Athilas decided he’d either become something else or die trying. One tip about a band of mercenaries who “accepted everyone” later, he set out towards Booty Bay.

The rumours proved true. One lie about combat experience later, and Athilas was accepted to the Gilded Blades. He’d rub shoulders with paladins, warlocks, assassins, even death knights and illidari. His surprising compassion would befriend some of them, while rest would avoid him for his biting cynicism.

As he spent time with the blades, a grim reality would eventually set in. Athilas would come to realize that intent doesn’t make a hero, damsel nor a villain. A longer story would ensue, but by the end of it, with a broody yet torn determination, Athilas would leave the bay - hoping to never look back.

He’d land in Orgrimmar eventually, where he’d find a crowd of orcs goading a peculiar pandaren into lifting her shirt.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
Athilas has six months worth of blade-training freshly behind him, a few tricks relating to enchanting house-hold items, and some skill with alchemy and herbalism.

None of these are his real gift, though. Not borne to nobility nor holding a hundred years worth of experience, Athilas represents a generation of sin'dorei without the luxury of having two centuries to learn a craft. He needs to be worth a coin *today*, and so shows maturity well past his age in addition to being a quick-study and a thinker on his feet.

He also has one of the world’s finest poker faces.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Ath doesn't really carry strong opinions about race. Personal experience has left him with a small liking towards orcs and pandaren.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
When Athilas left his previous mercenary band called Gilded Blades, he merely left them a note and disappeared. He does gossip about them, but in general the blades likely play no real part in his life anymore.

The important thing I'd like to note here: I'm still very much OOC friends with my previous guild, I had a blast RPing with them.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
This is a stylized exerpt from previous RP. The scene didn't go quite like this, but I feel it gives the point across.
-------------------------
It had been the first mission Athilas had ever led. Making decisions for a whole group of battle-scarred veterans had been a daunting task, but he'd somehow managed to draw even the begrudging Silver in line. The mission had been a success, with the worst casualty being Athilas's undershirt after a worgen blade drew a nasty gash to his side.

As they return towards camp, Athilas's teacher-in-arms, an easy-going yet armoured pandaren called Kai walks up to him on the front of the group. She nudges him gently, glancing at the wound with a reassuring smirk.

Kai: you know, scars are a grace point between what hurts and what heals.
Ath: I guess, though I could've easily suffered a more grizzly fate.
Kai: You didn't though, my training's finally rubbing off on you, dude.
Ath: I know, I'm finally getting my bearings.
Kai: Yo..- wait. YOU'RE DOING THE BEAR PUNS AGAIN!
Ath: Mhm. Are you going to get barbeari.-
*Smack*

And so, they'd return to camp. The only casualities being Athilas's undershirt and consciousness.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Athilas originally started off as a side-character of mine to do quick and easy RP with, but he’s sort of grown on me so much I want to play more of him. The Blackguard seems like the sort of guild he better fits in as a more low-key character, and I feel you’ve the right OOC mix as a guild for me as well.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm a student taking a mid-year from dentistry school stuffs. I like cooking steaks and listening to intentionally bad music.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I've roleplayed about 14 years. I started MMO's with vanilla WoW but I've also done D&D, along with brief stints to GW2 and SWTOR.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Athilas
PostPosted: May 30th, '17, 22:30 
Applicant

I'd add Athilas's fairly loose relations with the CtC leader Grizzik to the Old Loyalities section. While Ath's strived to keep himself from owing anything to Grizz, The goblin's the only person Ath still knows from the Bay, and so Grizzik knows he's on the look-out for a new group.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: May 30th, '17, 23:56 
Lieutenant

Hey there Athilas!
Thank you for your application, officery people will have words and get back to you soon!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: May 31st, '17, 18:31 

Hello!

I used to be in the Gilded Blades - over a year ago I think. How're Yumilynn, Meri and co doing? How come you're leaving the Blades?

Have a wonderful Wednesday,

"Arakface"

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: May 31st, '17, 21:20 
Applicant

I started RPing with the GB about a year ago, but I can't say I know either Yumi or Meri since I've never met them properly. Tarn, Teah, Eme and the rest are doing good.

I left the blades on IC reasons at the end of an elven soap-opera. It started when Athilas finally couldn't keep himself from getting involved with a beautiful elf. Unfortunately said elf had a fiancé, and so obviously a kind of triangle-drama would ensue between him, her, and her man.

As a surprise to nobody, Athilas got his ass kicked and left town the next day.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 4th, '17, 22:27 
Applicant

I'm withdrawing my application, though I thank you for reviewing it. I'm not dropping it due to any OOC-contention or otherwise, but because I'm drawn to another project that I want to invest both my time and hunter character into. I still love your guild concept, and so I hope to meet you lot in the wild someday. o7

------------------------------------------------------
*A note has been left among the mess that is Wyvern's tail's noticeboard. Unlike the others, it's been attached with a dull fork rather than a blade.*

"To my fellow horticultural philosopher: Since I've the opportunity, I'll try your lifestyle instead of theirs. No need to mention me to your husband, I'll likely be faraway by the time they visit. Thank you for the mead, I'll fence you one in kind someday."

-A

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Jun 5th, '17, 10:57 
Lieutenant

While it's never a good thing to see a good player withdraw an application, this has to be one of the best ways to go about it that I seen.

Wishing you the best of luck with your adventures, and hoping to see you around out there!

OfflineProfile