It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 15:35

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Hieth
PostPosted: Aug 5th, '17, 16:07 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Hieth

Character Race and Class::
Blood elf, hunter

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
He's been working on his own for quite some time and, being raised by mercenaries, he sort of longs to be in that kind of community again. He's bored of working alone, mostly because he enjoys being an annoying ass to people and that's hard to do on his own.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Unbeknownst to Hieth, his parents were warriors that fell in battle and left a kid behind. He was found by a band of criminals who took him in as theirs and trained him to become one of them, so this life is all he has known, but he doesn't mind it. In fact, he rather enjoys it, the thrill of a good hunt and a good fight. He's skillful with his rifle, though he never managed to grasp the concept of a bow. Since he left the mercenaries he grew up with, he's mostly been traveling alone, taking a few works here and there, claiming bounties where ever he could, keeping a low profile.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
As mentioned, Hieth is skillful with his rifle and he is good at tracking. He's great at taking things apart and putting them back together, often with a rather explosive twist.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
He's rather indifferent towards them, as he is to most people. He's not overly fond of goblins because of their greedy nature and the Forsaken gives him the creeps (it's the whole, "i can see your bones"-thing), but he's civil towards them as long as they don't get up in his face. (He's terrified of them, ok.)

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
He's still somewhat loyal to his old mercenary band, to the point where he might come if the call for him, but he wouldn't go out of his way to do so. He is, however, deeply loyal to his only friend but does his best to keep him out of this kind of life. Over the years, he's also made quite a few enemies, mostly by being an asshole and pissing off the wrong people, but of course, also by killing said people and upsetting others more.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Hieth glances up from his meticulous care of his rifle to narrowly eye the creature approaching him. His lips curls in mild disdain, before he smooths over the grimace and flashes a cocky grin.
"Come back empty handed, have we?"
The creature - a hunching, sour-looking troll - merely growls at him, taking a seat across the table.
Hieth eyes him with the level of distrust you could expect between two mercenaries, though he makes no move to initiate anything of the more violent kind. After a moment, Hieth goes back to polishing and putting back together his rifle, chuckling.
"You're awfully talkative today, aren't ya?"
The troll shoots him a look and he laughs, unfastening a hip flask and handing it over.
"Have a drink. It'll make you feel less like a total failure."

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
I've been looking for a RP guild for Hieth for a while, but I'm always very anxious to join guild. I did find this particular guild intriguing, though, and I want to explore the possibilities for Hieth if he finds a crew to join and maybe even makes some friends.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm 23, living with my partner and two bunnies in an apartment in Sweden. I'm educated in way to many different things, none of which I can find a decent job with, and so I'll be starting university in a few weeks, studying Social psychology with focus on disabled people. I draw a lot, mostly art of my characters, but also a whole lot commissions. I also cosplay and I enjoy building armours and weapons.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
I've been roleplaying a lot before, but it's been quite a while since I really went all in for it and I'm hoping to do that again now. A few years ago, I used to roleplay every day, to the point of writing entire pages daily. Nowadays it's not as much, but I still do it from time to time. In wow I've only done it with an old friend, but I'm hoping to make some new friends in this guild and find new people and join events.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Hieth
PostPosted: Aug 5th, '17, 17:34 
Lieutenant

Hey there Hieth!
Thank you for your application, we'll get back to you soon as summer vacations allow!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 12th, '17, 16:42 
Lieutenant

Hello again Hieth!

We've been over your application and unfortunately we don't think we're the guild for you.
Good luck onwards and a happy rest-of-the-summer!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 14th, '17, 12:51 
Applicant

Hey! Thank you for your time, I'll just keep looking for another guild :)

If I may, could I ask why I wasn't accepted? No hard feelings or anything, I'm just curious and this is the first time I apply to a guild like this, so if you have any pointers or anything that would be really appreciated. If you don't want to tell or don't have the time, that's absolutely fine too.
Hope you have a good day!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Aug 14th, '17, 16:06 
Lieutenant

Hoy, wanted to thank you for your good attitude here!
I'll try wrangle up a worthy reply~

It was a mixture of reasons! One is we're a little heavy on elves at the moment, and we also don't want to bloat our number too big (we're storyline heavy between socials, which works better in a smaller guild than a large community type). So when looking into potential applications it's better they're someone that really strikes a chord with BG's setting.

Your application has really good writing, and OOC you've come across in good ways, but we felt the character itself didn't strike those chords. Current numbers of members (and race ratio) makes that count for a little more than it otherwise might.

OfflineProfile