It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 08:30

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Runt
PostPosted: Aug 30th, '13, 21:53 

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Awakh "Runt" 06

Character Race and Class::
Tauren Warrior

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Awakh is a former member of a "Special tasks group" which has been more or less disassembled quite recently, While being able to look after himself Awakh prefers to know and have a choice for a comrade to look over his shoulder once a while.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Awakh's past is not clear to himself as he is suffering from an amnesia of sorts, but would not take much to dig out he has relatives, whom he just does not recognize.
Awakh grew as a part of the nomading horde of taurens following Cairne across the durotar when he was still a calf and later settled in the plains of Mulgore, raised and trained as a caravan guard like his father is probably the main reason why he still grasps a blade, but certain events in his life have twisted his personality.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
While not being an officer level militant, Awakh can be considered a veteran of frontline along the footsoldiers, What he lacks in Dexterity he makes up in strength and endurance, he's a perfect meatshield, and with some authority and respect, he's as loyal as a guard hound.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
He seems to lack "Interest" equally towards all races, with a slight exception, towards undead there might be seen slight displeasement in his one good eye but what ever it is is well confined to just an occasional odd stare, nothing more.
Seems as if there is no matter of race or gender to him, only rank and personal preference or perhaps attachment

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
As far as known his only loyalties are to his treasured armor which he usually keeps on him, the odd stare towards undead speaks of a grudge towards atleast some of their kind, only reminded by each undead seen.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Last scream fades away, Runt eases his hold on the hilt of his blade and lets the tip of it fall down leaning to the ground. Rain pouring heavy and clattering on his stoneclad armor, drizzling past the eyeslot on his helm making it difficult to see, but there it is, a hand in the soil as if reaching out. The feelings start to pound on his chest, this is new? what could it be? suddenly he feels a weight bearing down on his shoulders forcing his clumsy knees to bend down to a kneel. Heart is pounding, breathing sounds heavy and there is an odd tickle in the corner of the eye. Curiosity takes over and Runt bends his torso towards the hand reaching towards him, it doesn't seen threatening. It is a small and fragile hand, that of a childs.
That hand reaches out and touches the helm on the right side just above the spot where eye should reside, a droplet rolls inside the helm but this time it feels warm, a diffirent scent reaches his nostrils, the working eye spots a face, small, soft and round with two purple button shaped faintly glowing orbs staring up at him, small elven child with drops rolling down its cheek. Rainfall? can not be, the being is cowered under the massive shadow of the tauren.
The glow faints, no longer staring, vanished but where?... yet it feels like a palm still resides on the helm, but only did it leave a scarlet mark on it.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
Browsing through the list of guilds and having a hard time to find a guild where my character could fit in and then i run to The Blackguard which seems just a perfect fit of a guild i had in mind for.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I'm a long term wow player, been playing since beta, had a little break from wow during cataclysm thanks to national service in the army, from which I get to tell you I'm a tank gunner on Leopard 2a4 and BMP-2 (and yes i do also know how to drive both), I'm a Boy-scout, been for 10 years and love spending weekends off in the nature. By profession im a restaurant cook. I share an apartment with two cats, dog and my Girlfriend who also plays wow but is yet too afraid to try roleplaying.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
What comes to roleplaying in wow i started on The Venture Co. at the guild Shatterskull Marauders (which have recently transferred to Defias Brotherhood) a little after it was founded. RP outside of wow i've been doing for about ten years in forms of D&D and other Pen and Paper roleplaying, I've done a couple of LARP's (mostly combat heavy ones) and in forms of Custom made between-friends Games.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Runt
PostPosted: Sep 2nd, '13, 18:13 
Captain

Hey there! I've been in deadline hell all weekend so not had a chance to look at this - but free now! The officers or I will get back to you asap :)

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Runt
PostPosted: Sep 5th, '13, 02:32 
Captain

Right! We marked the amnesia (it's normal for undead to have it, less so for living) and the aversion to undead (one of our officers is one, as is the other healer) -- but both those things seem to be flavour rather than something that would dominate his RP? A lot of our folks don't IC much like the undead, so as long as it isn't a constant fighting matter in and of itself it should be fine.

On the plus, I'm massively amused by a Tauren called Runt. Good juju. The taskforce thing we'll ask you about when it comes up IC.

I should be around later tomorrow night, if you fancy looking us up IC!

As a free rp hook -- we were recently in Thunder Bluff for a week before departing for Crossroads, so it's possible your dude already met some of the company without realising it. People he might have noticed about:
-- Gillawyn spent several evenings wrestling/barefist fighting with random Tauren on the training grounds. She may have had a brief reputation, for being mean, focused, and grinning only when she got beaten.
-- Vilaera spent time dancing for coins, throwing in some fire magic for flashy effects. He may have seen her performing.
-- Kyrith stood watch over the company's camp more or less constantly, all cool corpse pride. Death Knights in Thunder Bluff probably stick out, even when they don't do much.
-- our engineer Pollex spent time working at the forges

OfflineProfile