It is currently Apr 27th, '24, 12:38

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

New Applicants: Please register and login to access the guild application form.

Post subject: Tarmikos
PostPosted: Sep 5th, '13, 16:27 
Applicant

Character Full-Name and Titles::
Tarmikos Blackfield

Character Race and Class::
Undead Rogue

Why does your character wish to join Blackguard? If the answer is "gold", tell us why gold matters to them.:
Tarmikos seeks to do something with his time, since being undead gives him quite a lot of it. Whilst gold is important for the upkeep of his weaponry and equipment, he rather enjoys the aspect of using his skills in the field of battle. War and combat is all he knows, especially in terms of guile and infiltration. The Blackguard seems to accommodate for the undead, which is something he looks for. He has had trouble in the past receiving contracts due to his condition, and a lot of hostility.

Describe your character's past. Where did they grow up? How did they learn their trade? What kind of work history do they have? Whatever you think is relevant to who they are – but aim for at least 3 full lines.:
Tarmikos grew up in Lordaeron, around Stratholme. As a youngster, he was effectively trained on the streets he grew up in, in the arts of guile, theft and subtlety. His skills were further refined upon joining a group of bandits where the leader refined his abilities, teaching him the way of the rogue. This lasted for years, right into his thirties upon which he was plagued by infected waters and fell to undeath. Upon being "redeemed" by Sylvanas along with the rest of the first wave of Forsaken, he soon found his abilities were put to use within the Deathstalker unit.

Tell us about your character's skillset. What can they do that would be valuable to a mercenary company?:
As a former Deathstalker, Tarmikos is a master in the ways of guile, stealth and murder. His chosen weapon is the throwing knife, having keeping a great amount of them on his person at all times. When the going gets tough, he taps into the more sinister of a rogue's arsenal, utilizing trickster abilities such as the shadow-step.

What are your character's feelings regarding the other Horde races?:
Tarmikos has no qualm with any of the other races.

Old enemies, old loyalties - does your character have them? Who with?:
Once loyal to the Forsaken, but has since cut his ties. He has tread lightly over the years, making no formal or re-occurring enemies.

Finally, write a quick paragraph, describing your character doing something typical to them. (This is to help us get a feel for how you play, so make it something you might type in RP.):
Tarmikos tightens the straps on his leather gloves and proceeds to place on the rest of his gear. He then checks his pocket watch and leaps through the old, dilapidated window of the abandoned house. Silently, he covers the ground of Agamand Mills, heading to wheat silo where another similarly dressed Forsaken female stands, awaiting his arrival. With a tip of his hat, Tarmikos greets the woman. No words are exchanged, only a coin purse placed in his hand.

Blackguard deals with mature themes and content. Please confirm you, the player, are over 18.:
Yes

Why do you wish to join Blackguard?:
For a long time I have wanted to join a mercenary guild that has stood the test of time, which in most cases seems about four months or so. After reading regular updates on the forums and watching RP while stealthed, I became very impressed and decided that the Blackguard was the right choice for me.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Hobbies, job, talents, accomplishments, whatever you're comfortable sharing.:
I work in the RAF, in administration regarding training new recruits and processing their admissions. Boring stuff, but it has civilian hours and is based where I live, so activity is not an issue. I enjoy roleplay greatly, but I have only ever done so in WoW.

Tell us about your background in roleplay.:
As previously mentioned, I have only ever role-played in WoW, on Argent Dawn and have done so for four years. I mostly RP on the Horde as I find that the Alliance has way to much drama and OOC spite and that it is generally uninteresting for me.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Tarmikos
PostPosted: Sep 6th, '13, 17:21 
Lieutenant

Heyo Tarmikos!

Thank you for your application! We've been trying to catch up with old applicants so apologies for the wait. We'll be getting back to you soon as things are back up to speed! :)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sep 6th, '13, 17:43 
Applicant

Oh, that's fine. By the way, I made an application a while back on my Goblin Shaman, called Muxo. If possible, I'd like to "exchange" the possibility of joining on this undead instead, as I no longer wish to continue continue with my goblin's application. I hope that isn't an issue, it is just that I feel this particular character would be more fitting personality and skill-wise with a mercenary group.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sep 6th, '13, 20:55 
Captain

Ah, good to know. Yeah, that's fine, we're kinda heavy on magical bastards right now so a scouty type works better, even!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sep 10th, '13, 19:41 
Captain

Ah. Derp. We should of course say explicitly -- since this removes Muxo from the queue, we're not in new guy overflo yet. Poke us in game when you have a moment. :)

OfflineProfile